What a great weekend!
We finally got snow here in Chattanooga! They have called for bad weather 3 times now that have turned out to be nothing. Then there was a possible chance of snow on Saturday and around 10:30 am, Chattanooga finally delivered on its promise! Being from Georgia, my experience with snow is limited. So when it does snow, I am just like my (almost) 3 year old. It is magical!
Finley really enjoyed the snow. This was the first time she has actually seen snow and been able to understand what is happening. It snowed her first Christmas back in 2010, but she was only 8 months old. So she did get to experience it and it really hasn't snowed where we lived since then.
We got about an inch of snow in about an hour. But a few hours later it was gone :(
Saturday night Matthew and I were able to go on a date night that was much needed and long overdue. We went to a local pizza place in downtown Chattanooga for dinner and then walked a block down to the Cupcake Kitchen. Everything was super yummy and I am very excited to start trying out local places to eat. I think I will be going back to the Cupcake Kitchen for Finley's birthday cake the day of her birthday.
We also had some friends come in a visit this weekend and we got to help the Hicks family show them around.
After we visited a church we went to lunch at the Terminal in downtown. It was sooo good! I can't wait to go back! (fyi... I love food!)
The art museum does free Sundays, so we took the kids to go check it out.
This horse was super cool. It was made to look like drift wood, but it was actually cast bronze.
Finley did not like walking on the glass bridge.
They had a cool little area to do an art project for the kids.
The rest of the museum was not very kid friendly.
This was the coolest piece of art. I guess I am not refined enough to get art, because I just didn't get it... any of it....
After taking these pictures I was yelled at to no longer take photos. That is was not allowed.
After the museum we stopped by a coffee shop for a snack. At this point the little girls were getting tried.
Kylie was mad because she wanted gloves like Finley.
Finley was mad because she wanted to touch the birds and they wouldn't let her.
This is the girls after their naps. They were in much better moods.
We spent the rest of the evening eating tons of yummy food and watching the super bowl. Which I don't think I watched a minute of. But we all had a good time! It was great to spend some time with friends. We are planning a trip next weekend back to Newnan to visit. We will be there Friday night and leave some time Sunday afternoon. I am looking forward to this trip so much!
I also have a new computer screen arriving in the mail any day now, and I can't wait until it gets here and my computer is portable again!!!
I will have another post coming later this week with some things I have been trying to make and that make me happy!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment