Over the last few months Finley has become very good at giving me heart attacks.
Back before Christmas, you may remember me telling you about how she got out of her room when she was suppose to be napping. I was taking the opportunity to clean the carpets in the living room while she slept. As I was finishing everything up, I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. I couldn't hear anything because the cleaner was so loud. When I turned around there she stood, looking at me. I screamed, which made her scream and cry. I picked her up and calmed her down and put her back to bed. The whole time trying not to bust out laughing. Because I am sure if there was a third person watching, it would have been hilarious.
Then the other day she did it again. I haven't been feeling well for the last week. So on Monday I decided once she went down for her nap I would take a shower to help wash the sick away. Because we all know that when you haven't been feeling good, the best thing to do is take a shower. So I put her in bed, said night-night, and went to get in the shower. A few minutes later I start having this thought process... "Hmmm.... that sounds like Finley. Why can I hear her crying? I shouldn't be able to hear her. Why does it sound like she is in my room?" Just then, as I have soap running into my eyes and can't see anything, she bust into the bathroom screaming. I rinse off as best as possible and take her back to bed. At which point she stays and I am able to finish my shower. Thank God!
Then there is this morning.... I am very lucky that she likes to sleep in. I usually get up with Matthew at 6:30 so I can have some time to play on the internet before she gets up, which is usually around 8 or 8:30. Every now and then, she does wake up earlier. Today it was 6:45. So since it was still dark outside I turned off all the lights and went in there to play "it's not time to get up, it is the middle of the night" trick. She was hip to my tricks, because a few minutes after I left her room I hear "MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMY! I pooped!" What!? No way.... then I hear "MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMY! I'm eating it!" WHAT!? NO WAY..... I did not just hear that right... a few minutes later she says it again. So I go back in to change her, and guess what? No poop. This girl is way to smart! I can't believe she just pulled the ole "I'm eating my poop" to get out of bed! I did make her lay back down for a little bit and then went to go get her. I needed her to know that she cannot say she is eating her poop so she can get her way.
I have a feeling she is going to be trouble as she gets older....
No comments:
Post a Comment