We went on top of Lookout Mountain and the Incline Railway. We then headed downtown for lunch and to spend some time at Coolidge park. We are loving trying out all the local places to eat. We have tried some really great places and some not so great places. On Saturday we at a hotdog place. The food was good, but expensive for what you got and we still walked out hungry. So needless to say, we probably wont go back there.
This girl is wide open! She loves to run!
"You can't catch me!"
She loved playing hopscotch with a new friend.
Daddy took her to the top of this hill, which you can slide down.
Finley's new friend let them use her sled and Matthew took her down.
And she LOVED it! We may have to buy a sled to take with us from now on :)
I kept Kylie the other day, and did a little Valentine's themed craft with the girls.
They really enjoyed it. It was super easy and little mess! Just the way I like it!
For Valentine's Day we really didn't have a lot planned. So I planned a nice quite dinner for Matthew and me. I cooked one of our favorite meals. Finley skipped her nap, so she went down for bed early. Then it was just the 2 of us :)
I headed downtown to pick up a loaf of bread from a local bakery. I also got us a cute little red velvet cake to enjoy for desert.
After dinner and desert, we opened one of our favorite bottles of wine. This is one of the last bottles from my birthday gift last year. It goes really well with dark chocolate!
For not taking a nap, Finley did really well. Well.... up until it was right before bed. Then she started to melt.... quickly!
This girl loves to jump!
What a great week!
We are now looking forward to a great weekend trip!!!
***************************
High 5 Friday!
It is that time again, for High 5 Friday!
This is about things that make me happy right now!
1.) Bread from Neidlov's Bakery - This is the bread I got for our Valentine's dinner. It was very good! I can't wait to try some of the other kinds they have!!
2.) Finley - This girl brings me so much joy! Although she has had a rough week, she can still make me smile!
3.) Finally getting Finley's formal portrait framed and back!! We have had this picture for a year and we are just now getting to getting it framed! Now we just need to find a place to hang it!
4) There is no picture for this one, because it hasn't happened yet.... We are headed back to Newnan for the weekend!!! I am so super excited about this trip!!!!
5.) Our quite dinner for 2 :) It is not often we get to have dinner by ourselves, unless it is a date night. So getting to spend some time at home enjoying each other was awesome!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I can't wait to update about our trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment