Friday, January 3, 2014

snow

We have had a great start to the new year.
New Years day we spent out at a river watching some of Matthew's buddies do their boating thing. They had a chili cook off, and there were tons of different types and they were all delicious. It was great to get to spend the day outside as a family.






It was a good day.

Last night we finally got snow here in Chattanooga!
Chattanooga has been promising snow for weeks now. We got a few flurries the week of Thanksgiving, but it wasn't much and never stuck to the ground.
Then last night it happened! If you know me, you know I love snow and get super excited about it. I am like a child when it snows.
It started late in the evening and went through most of the night. There was still a little bit left on the ground when we woke up this morning. (Side note: it was 18 degrees outside this morning. bur!)
My weather app says there will be more this weekend, but I wont hold my breath. I will believe when I see it. But for now I will just enjoy the beauty of what we have until it melts.



the ground last night.

the ground this morning.

p.s. I got a new camera lens! Oh I am so excited to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment