Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goals

So our friend and lead Pastor Daniel asked all the leaders of our church plant to make a Focus plan for 2014. Here are some of my goals for this coming year....

Home:
* Making our home feel more welcoming and cozy. We live a pretty simplistic life. We don't keep a lot of clutter around our house. We are good at selling, donating or throwing away things that we don't need or use. This tends to leave our home feeling a little sparse. There are a few things we need for our house, like a rug and desk. I would like to find these items and create a warm and inviting place. I want our home to reflect our style.
* Cook from scratch meals 3-4 times a week. I use to cook meals made with fresh veggies and less caned foods. But I have gotten into the habit of doing what is quick and easy. I would like get back to enjoying to cook and using more fresh items in my meals.

Family:
* Date nights. Matthew and I have always made date nights an important part of our marriage, especially after Finley was born. But since we have moved and don't have family at our finger tips ready to babysit since we've moved, it has made doing date nights a little bit hard.
* Family nights. I would like for us to spend at least 2 Friday nights a month doing a fun family night. Watching movies and have a camp out.

Personal:
* I want to learn a new skill. I have been wanting to learn how to knit, but I just haven't sat down and really focused enough to really do it. By the end of this year, I want to know how to knit.
* Use my camera more. I recently got a new lens for my camera and I am very excited about it! I take my camera everywhere with me, but often times I just don't use it. Then I regret not taking any pictures. So this year, I want to at least take a family picture once a month and a picture of Finley once a month to see how we grow and change over 2014.

These are not all the things I have listed on my Focus, but just a few. 
I guess you could say this is my New Years resolution. 
Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment