Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My life story in 250 or less...

So I came across a blog that has issued a challenge to blog every day in May. Each day has a different topic. Today is day one and the first topic is My life story....




I was born in Texas, then my family moved to Georgia when I was about 18 months old. (Side note: I was a surprise... my sister is 16 years older then I am and my brother is 11 years older then me.) I live in the same area all through school. I graduated high school with pretty much the same people I started kindergarten with. I met my husband the fall of my senior year, but we didn't start dating until the next year, 2002. That same year I was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation type 2 (ACM). In 2004 I had brain surgery to help relieve pressure around my brain and help with headaches. In 2005 Matthew and I got engaged, and married a little over a year later. In July 2006, a month and a half before we got married, we lost Matthew's younger brother in a car accident. On August 4th, Matthew graduated from college. On August 19th, we were married. Then September we closed on our first home. Needless to say... it was a very emotional 3 months. Shortly after moving to Newnan, we started to attend a local church and I started a new job at a bank. I worked there for 2 years. Shortly after I left I started to work for the church we were going to in the kids program. This is where I found what I really loved to do, which is work with younger kids. The summer of 2009 we found out we were expecting our first baby. I really wanted a girl... and when we found out the gender I was super excited to know that I was getting my girl!! I had a pretty easy pregnancy  only small concerns due to my ACM and then later there was concern about her size. She was born at full term and 1 day at 6 lbs 6oz. During our time at our church we made some amazing friendships and were pushed outside our comfort zone. Matthew went on his first mission trip in 2010, which lead to a growing friendship that would eventually bring us to Chattanooga to help start a church. Finley has been an amazing addition to our family. I can't imagine our life without her. The last 3 years have been a beautiful mess of ups and downs. Not knowing what is going to happen and where God wanted us. It is funny to look back and see how God's hand was in all of our situations leading us to where we are now. This is just a short summary of our story, but for me to be able to see how one decision lead to another that lead to another that ultimately ended us up here. I can't wait to see what else is in store for us in the future. We are helping with a church plant and can't wait to see how God uses us in this. We are also planning a mission trip to Nepal! What that is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment