Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog everyday catch up

Day 11, Saturday: Sell yourself in 10 words or less

Happy
Honest
Funny
Organized
Creative
Sweet
Compassionate
Witty (sometimes...)
Loving
Committed


Day 12, Sunday: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)







I miss being pregnant and the first few months after Finley was born. 
I loved being pregnant. I had a very easy pregnancy and loved every minute of it. I do wish I could go back and savor it a bit more. I think because it was my first pregnancy and I didn't know what to expect, I worried about things. Normal things I guess, that all women worry about. Would there be a heart beat at the doctors visit? Is this spotting normal? Is the cramping normal? I didn't feel her move much today, should I call the doctor? If I could go back, I wouldn't worry so much. Hind sight is 20/20 right... Also I would enjoy Finley's first few months more. Our first few months (like the first 4...) were hard. She cried, A LOT. I also suffered from a case of the baby blues.We were in survival mode. All I could think about was getting her to eat and then getting her to sleep so I could sleep. There were days Matthew would come home for lunch and find Finley in her swing crying and me in the rocking chair crying. I also had a hard time nursing. I felt very isolated because I would have to leave the room to nurse her and it would take at least 45 minutes. This didn't help with the baby blues I was feeling. If I could go back to that time I would be more confidant in myself and abilities. I would also not stress about the guilt I had about deciding to bottle feed. I would listen to my body and baby and KNOW that I was making the right decisions for Finley and me. 

Day 13, Monday: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.


Dear Mom,

I would like to take a few minutes to issue an apology for my preteen and teenage years. After having a child, especially a daughter,  I have come to realize that I was a moron. The screaming and crying over everything was really uncalled for. I would also like to say I am sorry for some of the things I wore out in public. They were not appropriate, and I would kill Finley if she ever dressed like that. You were right. I now know what it is like to worry constantly about someone you love so much. I am so very sorry for all the junk I put you through. I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment