Sorry I haven't been on in a minute... we have had a sick house the last few weeks. But while I have been tending to a sick home, I have been able to get some crafting done... So here is one things I have been working on the last few weeks....
Potty Training Treats Jar
We were out of school a few weeks ago, and I figured this is the best time to start potty training! My daughter is 22 months old (I know... that is so young to potty train... and you would be right!) and was showing signs of being ready to potty train. She will tell me when she is wet and needs a new diaper, and she will tell me when she is about to go #2! So I spent a few days before talking up the M&M's and how big girls get M&M's when they go on the potty. I also made this super cute jar to put the M&M's in. I got the idea from this website (http://www.littlelucylu.com/2011/05/potty-treats.html). I just made a few changes.
Materials Needed
* 1 small glass jar (I found mine at Hobby Lobby originally priced at $3.50, but then it was 50% off so it turned out to be $1.75)
* 1 hair tie
* A few cuts of ribbon, any color and any length
* Sticker Letters
* A bag of M&M's
First I made sure to wash the jar. I didn't want any yuckyness on the outside when I put my letters on or the inside when I put the M&M's in!
Then I took my hair tie and tied the pieces of ribbon onto it.
Once the jar was clean and dry, I stuck the letter stickers on it. I made mine say "Potty Treats," you can make yours say whatever you want. I thought about using my daughter's name, but then decided against it.
I then put the hair tie on the jar and it was finished!
In case you were wondering... potty training was an epic failure! We started strong on Monday, going every 15 minutes and I got nothing. Tuesday was the same. Then Wednesday I ended up throwing out my back and we didn't get to finish out the week. It seemed as though as soon as I pulled up her diaper she went. She would also sit on the potty and say "Do it!" So I also had to go potty every 15 minutes. I had to keep a cup of water on hand all day, just to keep myself hydrated! I guess we will try again in the summer when she is a little bit older.
I have a few more projects I have been working on. Hopefully I will be able to get those up this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment