Thursday, March 8, 2012

Homemade Yogurt


My sister has been telling me for a really long time that she makes homemade yogurt. She said it was super easy and tasty. My husband and I are not big fans of yogurt, but our daughter is. So I finally decided to go online and figure out how to make it. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and it turned out fantastic, to bad my little one doesn't like it! Not that it tastes bad, it is just a bit tangier then normal store bought yogurt and can take some time to get use to. I have been told it is similar to Greek Yogurt. So I've been trying to give her some here and there and mix it in with some store bought yogurt until she begins to like the taste. I also use it in smoothies and she doesn't even notice a difference.

I also used vanilla yogurt instead of plan. I thought it would help the taste and Finley would like it more, since vanilla yogurt is her favorite anyways.

So here is the website that I used....


It takes all day to make this and you can't really go anywhere for more then a few hours at a time. Also, you cannot use your oven. Your oven has to be cold, but you can use your stove top. The day I made my first batch I did not plan for dinner very well and we ended up eating Kraft Mac & Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment