Monday, April 7, 2014

30DoB (Day 7) :

So I missed day 5 and 6 because we were out of town for a wedding. And since Finley and I were both in it, we stayed busy the whole time. No time to sit down a write a post!

Now onto today's topic....

What do people not understand about you?

A picture from the wedding this past weekend. I love it!

A lot of the time after I get to know someone I tend to get comments like...
"I thought you were stuck up."
"I was worried you didn't like me."
"You came across as being a !@&#% when we first met." 

Well it isn't that I am any of those things... truthfully I am just a very shy person. I tend to stay back and observe for a while before I feel comfortable enough to jump into a conversation.
I have also realized over the last year that I am way more introverted then I thought. I get overwhelmed by large groups or people and lots of conversations going on at one time. So when there is a lot happening around me I tend to shut down and stand back. This gives off the impression that I don't like the people I am around. Which is not true at all. I am just figuring things out.
Now... with that said... once I feel comfortable around you, you will probably not be able to get me to shut up! Then I will start over sharing way more information about myself then you would probably ever care to know. And then we will be besties!
So if we ever meet or you see me out and keeping to myself, it's not that I don't like you. I am just getting comfortable with the situation before I put myself out there.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Lol...I got the same comment that I was stuck up from my fiance. He said he didn't want to talk to me at first because I seem rude and stuck up. Now look at us...getting married in approx. 3 months and have been together for almost 6 years. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny how people just assume things!

      Delete
  2. weird, everyone thinks i'm just annoying because i talk all the time!! i say let them think what they want. if they choose to pass judgement thats their decision. you are an amazing person and they just need to deal with it until they really get to know you!! sorry you missed a few days, truthfully, if i didnt schedule my posts i totally would have missed the weekend as well ;) thanks for linking up and can't wait to read more posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelsey! At this point in my life I am past the assumptions. Ain't nobody got time for that...

      Delete
  3. Haha. I love oversharers!!! We would get along great!

    ReplyDelete