Saturday, March 31, 2012

I have THAT child....

You know the one.... the one that shows up to the play date and all the other mom's are thinking "Oh no... someone is going home with a black eye or busted lip! Please God, don't let it be my child!" Yup that one....

We have hit our terrible 2's and it is bad! The other day while shopping for some birthday gifts, she lost it over one of the toys we picked out for a friend. In the middle of Target she is having a full blown melt down. It was so bad that a mom and her children walking in front of me kept looking. Finally the mom just started to tell her kids to stop looking. Yup.... I was that parent. The one non-parents are thinking "Why can't she get control of her kid?!" and the parents are giving you that pity look thinking "Oh yeah.... that is bad....". After we leave Target, I still have to go to Kroger and we have the same situation take place at Kroger. I finally get home and get her in bed and can take a breath as I think "I really need to start shopping with out her!"

Then on Thursday, we go to our weekly community group. Everything was fine, only a few small problems but nothing bad. The night is coming to a close and we are cleaning up getting ready to leave. Finley and her friend Layla are playing together running up and down the hall with one of those pop-up toys. That's when it happens..... no one actually saw what happened so we don't know for sure... but Layla turns around and her mouth is bleeding. All I can think is that Finley has busted her teeth out. Luckily it was just a busted lip and Layla's mom wasn't too worried about it. But it took all of me not cry. Finally leave and Finley in bed and I am in the kitchen at 10:30 at night doing dishes. Obviously something is wrong, so my husband asks and I all can say is "We have THAT child!" He takes me in his arms and reminds me that she isn't the first and she wont be the last. All kids go through this and this will pass. I have talked to several friends about her attitude and they have said the same thing. This just seems so bad because it is the first time. I'm not really sure where this is all coming from. I have a feeling with is because a boy in her preschool class has been picking on her (I know... 2 years picking on each other?) I think he is just really rough and tough and because Finley is the smallest one in her class, she is the easiest to target. The other day she was put in time out because she went over and hit this little boy for no reason. I think she was thinking "Even if you get me worse, I got you first!" Now I by no means am blaming this little boy for all of her attitude problems. She is 2 and I have been around enough 2 year olds to know that they just act this way. But I do think her relationship with this boy has cause her to get worse. I'm not really sure what to do. I just have to keep reminding myself that this too will pass. We will get past this. It is just a phase and we will survive this... I just don't know if all of her friends will survive with us...



***on a side note... I had this all typed out before and hit somtehing on my computer and it was deleted! I was so mad!***

No comments:

Post a Comment