Well... it looks like I needed a little bit of a break. It wasn't something I meant to do... it just sorta happened.
We always come home from Nepal just before we get dumped into the holiday season and it seems like the weeks just go by faster after that.
We have also had a rough go this fall as far as health goes. One of us has been sick on a semi-regular basis. Luckily we haven't all been sick at the same time. You know you've had it bad when the pharmacist starts to recognize you. Matthew came home form Nepal with a virus that he had a hard time shaking and made getting over the jet lag much harder. Just days after he felt better, Finley came down with a cold. Then it was my turn and I think I got the worst of it. I either had the flu or strep throat. I'm not sure which... but it was rough. It was one of those sicknesses that you are praying for God to heal you or take you home. You know it will pass in a few days, but it seems like you will never get better. I woke up at one point with 103 fever! This also means we go into quarantine mode during our sickness and then a few days following, if we are able to.
When we haven't been sick, we have been on the go.
Here are some pictures of just a few things we have been enjoying recently.
We have had several bonfires and roasted lost of marshmallows.
We went to the aquarium for the first time in months.
We have spent a lot of time in Coolidge Park.
Matt's dad and nephew came and spent a few days with us over Thanksgiving.
We got to go walk through the lights at Rock City.
We cut down our first real Christmas tree since Finley was born.
We have had a camp out in our backyard (on one of the coldest nights of the year. All the mom's and kids ended up inside in beds while that dad's stayed in the tents.)
We traveled to see Matt's mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving. Sorry... no pictures. I left my phone at home.
We went to a birthday party at a trampoline park. That was so much fun! Finley did not want it to be over.
We had a mom's afternoon and attended the online ThriveMom's conference. It was amazing to participate it.
We had a baby shower for a new friend today and it was so cute! We did a superhero's theme!
So you see.... it's not that I haven't had stuff going on... I've just been to lazy to post anything about it. Hopefully I can get better about! The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
We always come home from Nepal just before we get dumped into the holiday season and it seems like the weeks just go by faster after that.
We have also had a rough go this fall as far as health goes. One of us has been sick on a semi-regular basis. Luckily we haven't all been sick at the same time. You know you've had it bad when the pharmacist starts to recognize you. Matthew came home form Nepal with a virus that he had a hard time shaking and made getting over the jet lag much harder. Just days after he felt better, Finley came down with a cold. Then it was my turn and I think I got the worst of it. I either had the flu or strep throat. I'm not sure which... but it was rough. It was one of those sicknesses that you are praying for God to heal you or take you home. You know it will pass in a few days, but it seems like you will never get better. I woke up at one point with 103 fever! This also means we go into quarantine mode during our sickness and then a few days following, if we are able to.
When we haven't been sick, we have been on the go.
Here are some pictures of just a few things we have been enjoying recently.
We have had several bonfires and roasted lost of marshmallows.
We went to the aquarium for the first time in months.
We have spent a lot of time in Coolidge Park.
Matt's dad and nephew came and spent a few days with us over Thanksgiving.
We got to go walk through the lights at Rock City.
We cut down our first real Christmas tree since Finley was born.
We have had a camp out in our backyard (on one of the coldest nights of the year. All the mom's and kids ended up inside in beds while that dad's stayed in the tents.)
We traveled to see Matt's mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving. Sorry... no pictures. I left my phone at home.
We went to a birthday party at a trampoline park. That was so much fun! Finley did not want it to be over.
We had a mom's afternoon and attended the online ThriveMom's conference. It was amazing to participate it.
We had a baby shower for a new friend today and it was so cute! We did a superhero's theme!
So you see.... it's not that I haven't had stuff going on... I've just been to lazy to post anything about it. Hopefully I can get better about! The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

No comments:
Post a Comment