We had a great 4th of July. We stayed in town this year and had a BBQ with some friends.
There was a lot of yummy food and fun games.
There was also a lot of baby holding :)
The kids, and a few adults (I may have been one of them...) jumped on the trampoline.
We were able to see fireworks from a few different places around the city in our friends backyard. Which was the best. No crowds and no freak outs from Finley. She is not a fan of loud noises, so I have always been a bit hesitant on taking her to see fireworks. She loves watching them, just not hearing them. So this was a awesome option for her.
We played with sparklers. Finley wasn't too sure about them at first. Then she really started to enjoy playing with them. That was until she dropped hers and then tried to pick it up before I could stop her. Bad idea little one. She wasn't hurt bad, I think it just scared her that it was hot. But after that she was over the sparklers. She wanted to glow sticks and flashlights.
We were up late, obviously... who isn't up late on the 4th of July!?
I was hoping for a morning of sleeping in on Saturday. Matthew got up early the next morning to go boating, and Finley woke up promptly at 6:15 am. So much for my morning of sleeping in!
All in all it was a great weekend with friends!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July and was safe!

No comments:
Post a Comment