If you know me, you know I do not like summer. I hate being hot and sweaty. I can only handle summer if I am near water. Preferably a pool. Or a pool next to a beach. I love the beach, but not the sand. Strange I know. I want to be in a pool looking at the ocean from May through September.
But if every day could be like this past weekend, I might be able to make it until August when we head to Hilton Head.
It started on Friday. We spent the early part of the afternoon at the public pool. As I was putting our stuff down and talking to a friend, Finley B-lined it for the pool. Clothes and shoes on, no adult with her. I dropped everything, and chased her down. Told her she needed to wait and take off her shoes and dress before she could get in. So in the middle of the walk way, she stripped down and headed back to the pool. She is one determined little thing. It started to rain, so it cut our time a little short. But it was good while it lasted.
Friday night we went out to Nightfall. It is a local festival they do on Friday nights (duh). They have food trucks, live music, and all the motorcycles come out. It was a nice night to be outside, the rain cooled everything down.
The kids played in the fountain and rode the carousel.
But if every day could be like this past weekend, I might be able to make it until August when we head to Hilton Head.
It started on Friday. We spent the early part of the afternoon at the public pool. As I was putting our stuff down and talking to a friend, Finley B-lined it for the pool. Clothes and shoes on, no adult with her. I dropped everything, and chased her down. Told her she needed to wait and take off her shoes and dress before she could get in. So in the middle of the walk way, she stripped down and headed back to the pool. She is one determined little thing. It started to rain, so it cut our time a little short. But it was good while it lasted.
Friday night we went out to Nightfall. It is a local festival they do on Friday nights (duh). They have food trucks, live music, and all the motorcycles come out. It was a nice night to be outside, the rain cooled everything down.
We had Italian ice's. I went looking for the frozen lemonade guy, but he wasn't there.
Selfies
Finley loves to ride around on Daddy's bike.
Finley is currently obsessed with rocks and stones. She picks rocks up every where we go and says "I need this one for my collection!" While we were in Texas, my mom spent $6 on one of those little bags of rocks. She loves them, she has them lined up on her windowsill in her room.
Matthew has wanted to take Finley gem panning since we moved to Chattanooga. When he realized she had a interest in rocks, he started to plan on taking her panning.
So Saturday morning we got up and ate breakfast and headed to Racoon Mountain, which is litterally right around the corner from us. We did it as a surprise, and she LOVED it!
Look at the face. She was thrilled.
After the gem panning, we went home and had lunch. We grabbed our swimming stuff and headed out to a swimming hole Matthew has been wanting to visit.
Finley wasn't so sure about the river at first, but by the end of the day she didn't want to leave.
We found tadpoles, and I think Finley could have chased them all afternoon.
Sunday after church we all went to Coolidge Park for a picnic and fun.
The kids played in the fountain and rode the carousel.
This is most of our ladies, but not all. We took this picture towards the end of the day, so some people had already headed home.
We finished our day with a shaved ice.
It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day.
If every day could be like those 3, I think I could handle summer a bit better.
We were suppose to head out to Riverbend tonight to see Toby Mac, but we currently have a bad storm rolling through. So I am not sure if we are going to make it. Sad. Tomorrow Boston is playing and if the weather stays nice, we will definitely be at that one!
Here is a great start to summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment