The last time I was here I was feeling kind of down and really homesick. Things have started to get better. We have been really busy and constantly on the go for the past 2 weeks. That always seems to help. I have been to meet with a mom's group for preschool aged kids. They seem really nice and I am looking forward to hanging out with them again soon.
So a little recap of our end of June and first part of July....
June finished off with a bang.
My car broke down twice!! Luckily Matthew knows how to fix it. It cost more then we wanted, but it was better then him taking it to a shop to fix it or having to trade it in (maybe? I'd really like a new car... just sayin'...)
One Saturday we went on a family hike.
Finley looks so thrilled to be strapped into a backpack for several hours!
Matthew told me it was a 6 mile hike loop and should be pretty flat. Once we got there and about half way through I realized it was a 1.5 mile hike to get to the 6 mile hike loop. So yeah... we hiked almost 9 miles!!! And it was NOT flat!! We had like 1900 feet of elevation!! Half way through I was thinking to myself "how do I let him talk me into these things!?" But we survived it.
The next day we woke up and headed down to Newnan for a friends 30th birthday party! It was a blast! It was an 80's theme at a roller rink. I haven't roller skated in YEARS! But it came back pretty easily, although I wasn't as good as I was back in the day!
yeah.... that is an image I can't un-see...
But we had a bast and came home VERY sore from our very active weekend! I think I hurt for like 4 days after!
It has been raining since a few days before the 4th. We had a few days break this week, but it started again last night. We still had a great 4th though (minus the rain)! We went to a new friends house for a BBQ. We had a slight lull in the rain (and by that I mean it was drizzling and not pouring). So the kids went out to do sparklers. Finley loved them and kept trying to touch the hot part. Kylie was not such a fan.
We also had our 3rd preview service this past weekend! Everything went great and every time we seem to have at least 1 knew family visit every time. And just about everyone that has been before has come back! It is so exciting to be seeing us grow!
*****
Nepal update - We have almost all of our funds raised. We are short just a few hundred dollars! So it is official that we are both going! We had a team meeting on Tuesday and got the chance to meet most of the people that are going. In less then 3 months we will be over there!!
Have a great and dry rest of the week!















No comments:
Post a Comment