Well here I am, 9:00 on a Monday night and Matthew and Finley are already in bed!
We had a great weekend celebrating dads.
Matt's mom and step-dad came down for the weekend. It was good to get to spend some time with them.
"Let's go to a swimming hole!" Matthew said.
"It will be fun!" he said.
"It will be a bit of a walk." he said.
"We will have to cross a creek." he said.
So we packed up our stuff, slipped on some flip-flops and headed out. A MILE and a RIVER crossing later we finally reached the swimming hole. The water was cold, but it felt great.
Finley loved "skipping" rocks and hated swimming.
There was a huge rock everyone was jumping off of. As soon as I saw it, I told Matthew that I was not jumping off of it. He could forget it. About half and hour later I was kicking off my flip flops, handing my Coach sunglasses and wedding bands to a friend. I threatened his life if he lost them and walked to edge. Matthew counted to 3 and we closed our eyes and jumped together. I hit my butt on the bottom, got some water up my nose, and came up screaming. But I had a smile on my face and said "That was fun!"
Isn't that kind of what like is like. You don't want to and you fight it. Finally, you walk to edge, count to 3, and jump. You might hit your butt, get water up your nose and come up screaming. But you have a smile on your face and say "man! that is fun!"
Sunday after Matthew's parents left we headed out to the farmer's market. It was Blue-Grass and Brews, 2 of Daddy's favorite things!
I also made him a mustache cake. Which, by the way, is starting to make a come back. Unfortunately.
Sunday evening was spent with some good friends at a cookout. It was a great weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment