Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fashion

OK, I want to start this off by saying that I am NOT a fashion blogger. I love fashion blogs and enjoy looking at and reading them. There are some really fun things out there that make me want to try new things with my clothes. I also don't feel like I am a very fashionable person, nor do I buy things often enough to warrant blogging about it on a regular basis.

But........... there are a few fashion trends going on right now that I just DO NOT understand.

1.) The high waisted pants/shorts.
Really did we not learn our lessons from the "mom jean"? 



I get it.... they look retro and retro is cool. 
There are some items that look good high waisted. Like a wide leg trouser or a pencil skirt. If they are done right. But the pants with the tapered leg and the wide hips??? Really??? This is cool?? You are just making yourself look like you have bigger hips then you actually do.

Maybe that is why I don't like them. I already have big enough hips. I don't need my pants or shorts making them look bigger.

This takes me to the next item.

2.) The MC Hammer pants.


Again... really? Again.... Did we not learn our lesson?
I guess not... because these are what's cool...


They are just not cute. Why would you want to walk around looking like your crotch is down around your knees? This can't be comfy to walk in. I just imagine there is a lot of swooshing going on. They also don't help the hip situation.

3.) Prints.
There are some pretty crazy prints going on. Most of them aren't horrible and truthfully I don't hate the floral thing going on. Some of it is really fun and cute. But then every now and then I come across an item that looks like it use to be on someone's grandmother's sofa. Or that you raided your grandmother's closet. The pattern looks old, therefore makes you look old. Just sayin'.....

That is all I have for now.... Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I am in total agreement!!! WHY?!?!?!?! I'm also a little baffled by the mixing of said prints. Why is it cool to look like you got dressed in the dark?

    Found you on the High 5 for Friday link up. Cute blog! Love the title :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you dropped by! Yeah, I am not sure about the mixed prints too or the shorts with the tights? Maybe it is just a sign that I am getting old!

      Delete