This is will be my last post from this home. From this town. My heart is breaking a little bit this morning. I've fallen in love with this place we have called home for the last 6 years and I will be forever changed by the people that have come into our lives.
When we moved here we didn't know anyone but family. But over the course of time we have made some very deep and long lasting relationships here.
We were saved here and this town and this church and our friends will always be apart of my heart.
I follow another blog, CaseyLeigh (http://www.thewiegands.com/). She has an amazing blog that is full of inspiration. A few days ago she made a post about her word for this year. I've been thinking about this for a few days and have come up with my word for 2013.
my word is Faith.
I have never done anything this big before. I have never put myself out there like this.
I've had people ask, "Well, what if this fails?" and I respond "What if it doesn't? We will never know unless we try."
Our family is taking a huge leap of faith this year. We are pulling up our roots and going to plant them some where else. This is something we never thought we would do. We saw ourselves living here forever. But God's plan is bigger then our plan. I can look back at the events of the last few years and I can now see how we were being led to this moment and every moment after this. We went through some really hard times, but if it wasn't for those hard times I don't think we would be where and who we are today.
We are moving before we really know what we are doing. We have ideas and thoughts about how this should go. But that doesn't mean it will work the way we want it to. This past weekend, our friend Daniel preached about being ready. He played a clip about never really being ready. The clip mentions this idea of life being like driving a car at night. We can't see what is past the headlights, but we can make the journey anyway. God knows what is past those headlights for us, we just have to be along for the ride! The sudden turns and hills up ahead will not be a surprise to God. He knows they are coming and we just need to focus on what is in our headlights right now.
So here is to a year full of Faith!
Miss you already! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place!
ReplyDelete