Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all


Well, Fall is officially here! I am SUPER excited! I have already made some pumpkin muffins and had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks :) Fall decorations are out and they are beautiful! I can see the leave of the trees outside are already starting to change, and I can't wait for them to fall so we can go outside and play in them. 



The last few weeks have been crazy. We found out that my daddy had a cancerous tumor on his kidney. They recently did surgery to remove the tumor. They weren't sure they would be able to save the kidney at first, but the surgery went great and they WERE able to save most of the kidney. The initial surgery went great, but he started to have some complications afterwards during his recovery. He spent 11 days in ICU, then was moved to a normal room and then sent home the next day. He is home now and recovering nicely. We went to go visit him and my mom this past weekend. So between driving up to the hospital while he was there, doctors appointments for myself, the normal every day stuff like school, and helping friends out; there really hasn't been a lot of extra free time. 

And life isn't slowing down with the holiday season starting and Matthew going out of town.

Matthew leaves for Nepal next Saturday. So this weekend will be spent as a family. We are headed up to North Georgia to go apple picking and maybe stop at a pumpkin patch if we see one worth visiting. Then next weekend we will say bye to Daddy as he travels to the other side of the world to help teach young men how to be strong Christian leaders in their village. He will be gone for 14 days! I don't know what we will do without our Daddy for that long! Finley has really become a daddy's girl in the past few months and has a hard time going to sleep if he is not there to tell her good-night and say her night-night prayer.

I don't think I have posted since I mentioned the big changes coming for our family. We still have not had any movement on any decisions. We have decided to take this week and fast as a family. Matthew is doing a juice only fast for the next 3 days. I will be doing a water fast along with him. I have to have food, so I am still eating but I have decided to cut out all cokes, teas, and coffee. The goal is to pray every time we feel the need for one of those things, and we have lots of thing to pray about....

Well, have a great week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment