Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Fun and Family Time


**** Warning: Picture heavy post! ****

So sorry I haven't been able to get on in a few weeks. We have been busy trying to get as much family time in as possible before the Hubs left for India and Nepal for 14 days. Along with letting me have some alone time so I wouldn't go crazy while he was gone. 

We have been busy going to football game tailgates.





Uncle Robert would be proud! She is sitting on a police motorcycle and she loved it!


The Ramblin' Wreck! I really want to ride in this one day!
** Side note: I really love my awesome yellow pants! **


I love the faces she is making right now :) She is really starting to have her silly personality come out.


We have also been apple picking




There was a man in Native American dress and she was freaked out. She would not go near him! That is why she is stuck to my leg!








The Hubs left 5 days ago for his 14 day trip. Almost 2 days of travel with 5 days in India and then 5 days in Nepal followed by 2 more days for travel home. We are on day 5, and so far so good. Today has been the hardest, I think our patients with each other is starting to wear thin and we still have 9 days to go! I have been trying to keep up busy. That seems to be the best option for us. The more we stay at home, it seems the more she gets frustrated and starts to ask for Daddy.

Matthew went to Nepal this time last year for 10 days. That was a hard trip. First, it was the longest we have been away from each other since we started dating - 10 years ago! Second, once he went into the village we were not able to have contact. So we went 7 days without talking. On day 3, Finley (18 months at the time) started to lose it! I took video of her freaking out and trying to climb the wall to get to one of his pictures. This year when she asks where he is I am able to tell her, and she has been able to tell other people! So our friends have been asking her where her Daddy is, and she responds "Daddy's in Nepal!" It is soooo stinkin' cute!



This was taken just minutes before we had to get in the car to head to the airport. I didn't cry this time when I left the airport! 



Dinner with the family of the friend Matthew went with. 

So to keep ourselves busy we have been making candy apples with some of the apples we picked last weekend.



And I carved my very first pumpkin without Matthew's help! It took me 2 hours! I expected it to be something Finley and I could do together.... you would think since I have carved a pumpkin before, I would know what a bad idea this would be. Needless to say I was able to cut the top out and clean it out before she started to melt and it was time for bed. Also, I had some type of allergic reaction to the inside of the pumpkin. Every year I've noticed my skin gets irritated, but this year it was bad! It went half way up my arm! Thank goodness it didn't last long. I was able to wash my arm and that seemed to relieve the irritation.


This is the finished product! Yay! Not to bad, huh? 

We will be having a spend the night party with the wife and kids of the friend that Matthew went with to India and Nepal. Then on Saturday we have a friend visiting for the day and we are going to a local pumpkin patch. So only 9 more days! I can't wait until he comes home! I am really hoping I can talk him into typing his story so that I am able to share it here! I can't wait to hear all about his journey and how God has worked through him and moved him during this trip!

Well hopefully it wont be 2 weeks until I am able to post again!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment