Monday, June 18, 2012

Lilac Sugar Hand Scrub

So I thought I posted this a while ago, but I guess I never got around to it. For Mother's Day I made a sugar hand/foot scrub for the mom's in our family. It has been a big hit and I have had several people ask me how I made it. So here are the instructions.



What you will need:
* 3 cups granulated sugar
* 1 cup plain olive oil
* Scented oil - 20 to 25 drops  in the mixture (I used Lilac and was able to find it at Hobby Lobby in the soap area)
* Small mason jars
* Some twine
* Printable tags (optional)

*This will make 1 batch, which will fill 4 almost 5 small mason jars. I made 2 batches and it took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Mix all ingredients together. Add the oil slowly, you don't want the mixture to be too wet. If it does look too wet, just add a little bit more sugar. I added 20 - 25 drops for 1 batch of scrub. Really, I just added it until it smelled good.
Spoon the mixture into the mason jars and tie the twine around to make it look pretty! 

These make great teacher gifts, bridal shower gifts, Mother's Day gifts and so much more! They are super easy and cheap to make! 

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment