My day starts out every morning by rolling over and checking my phone for new emails and text messages. I have several friends that will send devotionals out if they think it is of some use to us other moms. This morning I got one that hit close to home.
If you asked me to describe Finley, I would say
She is sweet.
She is loving.
She is strong willed.
She doesn't like to share.
She doesn't eat.
She loves animals.
and She hates to be contained!
Sometimes these qualities can be frustrating. Especially the strong willed one. I can't put her in her carseat, she wants to do it. I can't buckle her anymore, she wants to do it. I can't put her shoes on her, she wants to do it and she doesn't want to wear the ones I picked out. She hates being contained. Which can make errands and grocery shopping hard and long. I sometimes get frustrated and upset that she isn't just sitting there quietly while I do what I need to do.
Enter this article....
Today I will be thankful for those strong willed qualities in my child. I will also pray that she holds onto those. So when she is faced with decisions that all teenagers have to face (drugs, sex, alcohol, etc...) she will continue to be strong willed and say NO!
Sometimes we need a reminder that our strong willed children today will grow to be strong willed adults for God tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment