Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Who says you can't go home?

Because that is what I did this past weekend. While Matthew was out boating, Finley and I spent the weekend with my parents.

We got Finley her first haircut. She did great! She wiggled a little, which is to be expected, but she didn't cry or freak out.





Her hair looks so much better now!

We also got to go see my nephew play soccer. He scored the only goal for his team! 




The main reason for the trip was to get Finley her Easter outfit. Which we did find. 
I also got to go for coffee with my bestie, Erica. That was a nice surprise! It was a spur of the moment thing. I called her while I was in the car driving down. I am so glad I got to spend some girl time with her.
Finley and I shared a bed the whole weekend. That was kind of awesome! We don't co-sleep, so I was worried that it was going to be a horrible experience. I can count on one hand the number of times we have shared a bed. It always ends up with a finger in my eye, nose or ear. Or she wakes up 5 times crying and ends up sleeping on my chest. This time she just snored A LOT and hit me in the face with her arm a few times. Our second night there, as I started to walk out of the room she cried "don't leave me!" How do you say no to that? So I turned around and crawled back into bed with her until she was asleep. It was beautiful and sweet and my heart melted the whole time watching her sweet face. 

It is always an interesting time when I visit my parents, but it is always good! I am glad that we had the chance to spend some time with them! But it is always better to get home and see the hubby :)

Have a great week! I have lots of things swimming through my head and ideas to write about. I can't wait to share them with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment