Monday, March 11, 2013

Our week

Last Monday did not start off well. The minute my feet hit the floor I knew something was wrong. I was in some pain and could tell my back was going to be a problem. Things did not get better as the day went on. My back got worse, and Finley was in rare form. It was going to be one of those days... That afternoon, Heidi sent me a text asking if I wanted to join her and the kids at the library downtown for Lego time. I figured this was a good reason to get dressed and out of the house, and maybe this would change our mood. I texted Matthew to let him know and he was cool with. He had a business dinner to go to anyways and wouldn't be home until late. Sweet! Let's go! I parked in the parking deck next to the library and had the fleeting thought "hmmm... I hope they take credit cards because I don't have any cash!" We went into lego time and it was ok. Not that the library did a bad job, but we just had a few moments of poor attitude. An hour later I headed back to the car to head home. I pulled up to the ticket taker and started freaking out! I couldn't find the card slot. I started frantically searching for someone to help and was almost to tears by the time I found the security guard. He said "do you have a credit card?" I said "yes! but I don't see where it takes it!" He then pointed to a slider that I thought was for my ticket. So as I flushed bright red and holding back tears I swiped my card and headed on my way. We got home, had dinner and then Finley went to bed (thankfuly very easily. I'm not sure I could have handled anything else that day.)

Tuesday was better, minus the rain. We went with Heidi and the kids to the aquarium. I will spare you the pictures this time, because we will be going there A LOT! We got our passes so now we can go whenever we want! Woot! (That's right... I just said woot.)

Wednesday was better then Tuesdays. And Thursday was better then Wednesday. This week was looking up!

Thursday night Heidi and I were able to have a girls night. We headed out to the mall to do some shopping. I got some really fun things to put in my birthday pile!


I got a pair of mint jeans, a fun hat, and a black and white stripped maxi skirt!

Friday was better then Thursday. We had to run some errands downtown. So we stopped by the Cupcake Kitchen for a special treat.





We spent some time that afternoon jumping on the bed. 







I'd say she had a good time :)

Friday night Matthew headed out of town for a paddling festival for the weekend.
Saturday Finley and I took some time to go explore some shops that I have wanted to check out.
The Sunday we headed out to meet Matthew at the festival and watch him run a race.

The drive should have only taken about 1.5 hours, but it took me almost 2.5 to get there. There was one road I had to drive on for 14 miles. I thought I was counting them and knew how far I had been. At some point I started freaking out thinking I had gone to far. So I turned around and headed back the way I came to the last place I saw people. Yup... I was in the middle of nowhere! I found a nice guy at a gas station who told me I was headed the right way. The road will dead end into where I was headed. So back in the car we were and back the way we just came. Turns out I freaked out around mile 13... go figure. As I was headed up, I got behind a car with a boat on it and was like "You know where you are going, and that is where I want to be!" So I followed him up the river. Just as I thought we were almost there, Finley got car sick and threw up all over herself and her carseat. It was a good thing I packed extra clothes!

We made it to the race just in time!



That is our friend Trey stringing a camera up across the river.


This is Matthew going over the falls. I almost missed him. The lady next to me was asking what he looked like and as I was telling her she said "Isn't that him about to go over?" 
Oh no! I almost missed him!
Matthew came over pretty early in the race. We think he was 2nd or 3rd, maybe?


Finley cheering her daddy on.


Yup, that is 2 guys in 1 boat going over the falls.


That is a lot of boats and there was more coming!


That is daddy in the grey full face helmet waving at us! 

After the race we grabbed some lunch and hung out with some of the people that was there.
All in all it turned out to be a good day and a good weekend.

Let's hope this week goes well!




No comments:

Post a Comment