What is influenster?
It is a membership based website that you can sign up for free. You connect all your social media account to your dashboard. You then answer some questions that help them decide if you are a good fit for a campaign. They then send you an email to let you know you have been picked and you fill out another survey. Then you wait to get your box. Once you get your box, you have to check it in on their website and then post your reviews to your social media and their website. This group helps companies test their products and get honest feedback. If you have ever done a focus group, it is basically the same thing.
I signed up for influenster about a month ago. Within a week of creating my account I got my first email to notify me that I had been picked for their XO VoxBox campaign. It took about 2 weeks after I filled out the survey in the email to get my box.
What I got in my box:
Tide Pods Plue Febreze ($4.99/12 count, $9.99/26 count, $14.99/43) - I recieved a sample bag 10 pk.
When I saw this item I was kind of excited. I have always wanted to try them, but truthfully they are kind of expensive. I usually buy liquid laundry soap (100 loads) for about $15. But it has been so cold recently that all of our laundry products have been freezing (our washer/dryer is in the garage). So I am hoping that I can still use them in the freezing temps. They are super easy to use. I just toss one in the washer with my fabric softener ball and walk away. I don't have to keep up with a cup or rinse one out! They also smell great!!
Colgate Optic White Toothbrush + Built-in Whitening Pen ($14.99)
I actually just got a new toothbrush for the dentist a few weeks ago. So I really didn't need this, But I will defiantly use it! I have very sensitive gums right now because of some medication I am on. This brush was a bit stiffer then I would like and made my gums bleed. But it did a great job cleaning and I felt it really got my teeth clean. I was curious about the whitening gel. It says to just apply and leave, you don't have to rinse or wipe it away. The gel went on well and didn't have a strong taste to it, which was nice. Then within just a few minutes it felt like the gel was gone. I have been using it for about 3 days now and haven't really noticed a big difference in the whiteness of my teeth though, but I am going to keep using it until it is gone to see if my teeth get any whiter!
Colgate Optic White Express White 3 oz. Toothpaste ($3.99-$4.99)
I have used other whitening toothpastes in the past and haven't noticed a lot of difference. Same goes with this one. I have been using it in combination with the brush and whitening gel. I would probably not but this again because I do not like the taste. I've gotten use to it, but the first time I used it I thought it was awful tasting! I probably like this item the least.
John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 Day Volume In-Shower Treatment - sample size ($9.99)
I think I am most excited about this! I have very flat hair and am always on the lookout for products that will give my hair volume. I used this the other day and when I was done blow drying my hair it was BIG! Like Texas big! It didn't stay that big for long, but I could tell my hair still had a good bit of volume and texture to it. I really liked this one!
John Frieda Beach Blonde Collection including sample size shampoo, conditioner and sea salt spray ($9.99 each)
When I saw this I was a little disappointed. I thought I wouldn't be able to use it, but the card included with the samples says it is safe for brunettes too. It has a soft mint smell and feels great while you are washing your hair. I really can't tell if it did anything special to my hair. It is suppose to be a lighter shampoo/conditioner great for the summer. I did like this though. A good smelling shampoo/conditioner is always nice!
Skinfix Hand Repair Cream (1 oz. $10.00)
I love hand lotion! I have several in my purse and car. I am constantly using them. Especially this winter! It has been so cold and dry and my hands have been showing it! I used this after I washed my hands. A little bit goes a long way, which is nice. It was creamy and smooth. It didn't have any scent, which I like. Sometimes you just don't want a smelly hand lotion. I can still feel that my skin is hydrated and soft several hours after I applied it. I have been using this one several times a day and is probably my absolute favorite out of everything!
Side note: I am really going to need a Trader Joe's to come to Chattanooga.
**I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.**

Such a great box!! Love John Freida products - I haven't tried that one so you'll have to let us know how it is! And I second your Trader Joes wish, we are getting one next year and it can't come soon enough!!
ReplyDelete