Monday, March 2, 2015

7/52 + 8/52

I am horrible at getting these up! I am taking pictures all the time now, but just not sitting down to post them.

If you follow me on instagram then you know we got some snow the last 2 weeks!

Our first snow day wasn't much, but we woke up to the ground being covered in white. Finley walked to the back door and looked out and I wish I could have caught the look on her face. It.was.magical. You would have thought she saw a fairy riding a unicorn across a rainbow. We couldn't get outside fast enough. It snowed off and on all day, but we maybe got an inch. Just enough to play in.


Yes those are Christmas PJ's. Don't hate.










Then last Wednesday "they" began to predict a big snow storm. Matthew had a guys night out planned and all the wives had a ladies night in planned. As of 4:00 plans were still on. The storm hadn't arrived yet and we all kind of thought "they" were making it up. By 5:00 the snow had started and it was coming fast! We had an inch in just over an hour! This is unheard of in the south. So our original plans were cancelled. We all got bundled up and headed out to the school down the road from us in the dark. We were out for maybe an hour. We were covered in snow and soaked through. If you look at my instagram some of the pictures look grainy, but that is just snow. We couldn't believe how fast and heavy it was coming down.

The next morning we woke up to 8 inches of snow on the ground!!! Matthew and I began to talk about the snow storms we have experienced in our past. This is the 2nd most snow we have ever seen. There was no ice and was perfect to play in. It lasted most of the morning, but started to melt by lunch time. It was fun while it lasted! 

Matthew built an igloo. It was legit.









Our dog was not such a fan of the snow. 

Since we have told Finley it was winter time she has asked when we can build a snowman. We finally got to build a few snowmen this past week. Once we were done she looked at me and ask when it was going to be pool time. So basically she is over winter and ready to move on to summer.

I don't blame her. Although I am never ready for summer, but I am always ready to welcome in spring!!




1 comment: