We have made it to see our friends and we are having a wonderful time.
Jet-lag has been a little hard, but hasn't seemed to be as bad as last year. We arrived in Nepal last Sunday night. We stayed up until almost 1 am talking with our friends. We could have kept going, but they have 4 kids that went to bed at 8 pm and don't care that you just went to bed 3 hours ago. We slept until about 6 Monday morning, this helped Monday to seem pretty easy and gave us a false comfort that the jet-lag wasn't going to be that bad. Monday night we went to bed at a normal time and woke up at about 3 am. Matthew was able to go back to sleep for a bit. By Tuesday afternoon I was ready to crash. After going out and seeing a bit of Nepal we came back to the house and Matthew and I slept for about 3 hours. I could have kept sleeping. At one point I woke up, walked halfway downstairs stopped and said "nope... not gonna happen..." and went back to bed for another hour. Wednesday and Thursday have been easier. We have been able to make it through most of the day before we feel tired, then we wake up at 4 am. Every day we feel a little bit more normal.
Krystal and I have been able to go out on the motorbike and have a girls day to do some shopping. Traffic is horrible here, and gives whole new meaning to "stand-still" and "road rage." it takes us forever to get anywhere, but it is kind of fun... once you get past the whole "we are all gonna die!!" moment when you take off. We also attracted a lot of attention driving through the city. Not bad or scary attention... just a lot of looks and a few hollers. It is a rare site to see 2 white girls "zipping" through Kathmandu on a motorcycle. We did have on helmets, but still.... you are so close to the people around you that they can see you are white.
Our first 2 days it rained, so we ended up hanging around their house. It was good because it slowed us down. We just hung out and talked and drank coffee and chiya. Krystal makes the best chiya!! She has taught me her ways, so now I can go home and have it whenever I want :)
Yesterday we spent the afternoon where our friends help out at. They have a beautiful property where they grow their own veggies and employ some of the locals to help. We are going home with some yummy jam and pesto!!
Last night we were able to do a date night with our friends. We ate dinner at a place in Tahmel. I had apple mo:mo for desert (basically an apple fritter), but it was soooooo good!! It was great being able to sit and talk with them. We talked about serious things, and some not so serious things. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Matt and Tanner are leaving for a trek today and will be gone over night. We are here until Tuesday, and I can't believe how fast this trip is going.I actually haven't taken my big camera out with me at all. If you would like to keep up with the trip you can click over to my instagram and follow. I will update more later!
Jet-lag has been a little hard, but hasn't seemed to be as bad as last year. We arrived in Nepal last Sunday night. We stayed up until almost 1 am talking with our friends. We could have kept going, but they have 4 kids that went to bed at 8 pm and don't care that you just went to bed 3 hours ago. We slept until about 6 Monday morning, this helped Monday to seem pretty easy and gave us a false comfort that the jet-lag wasn't going to be that bad. Monday night we went to bed at a normal time and woke up at about 3 am. Matthew was able to go back to sleep for a bit. By Tuesday afternoon I was ready to crash. After going out and seeing a bit of Nepal we came back to the house and Matthew and I slept for about 3 hours. I could have kept sleeping. At one point I woke up, walked halfway downstairs stopped and said "nope... not gonna happen..." and went back to bed for another hour. Wednesday and Thursday have been easier. We have been able to make it through most of the day before we feel tired, then we wake up at 4 am. Every day we feel a little bit more normal.
Krystal and I have been able to go out on the motorbike and have a girls day to do some shopping. Traffic is horrible here, and gives whole new meaning to "stand-still" and "road rage." it takes us forever to get anywhere, but it is kind of fun... once you get past the whole "we are all gonna die!!" moment when you take off. We also attracted a lot of attention driving through the city. Not bad or scary attention... just a lot of looks and a few hollers. It is a rare site to see 2 white girls "zipping" through Kathmandu on a motorcycle. We did have on helmets, but still.... you are so close to the people around you that they can see you are white.
Our first 2 days it rained, so we ended up hanging around their house. It was good because it slowed us down. We just hung out and talked and drank coffee and chiya. Krystal makes the best chiya!! She has taught me her ways, so now I can go home and have it whenever I want :)
Yesterday we spent the afternoon where our friends help out at. They have a beautiful property where they grow their own veggies and employ some of the locals to help. We are going home with some yummy jam and pesto!!
Last night we were able to do a date night with our friends. We ate dinner at a place in Tahmel. I had apple mo:mo for desert (basically an apple fritter), but it was soooooo good!! It was great being able to sit and talk with them. We talked about serious things, and some not so serious things. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Matt and Tanner are leaving for a trek today and will be gone over night. We are here until Tuesday, and I can't believe how fast this trip is going.I actually haven't taken my big camera out with me at all. If you would like to keep up with the trip you can click over to my instagram and follow. I will update more later!

No comments:
Post a Comment