Today's topic is Pet Peeves.... I has a lot of them.
1. Slow/bad drivers. This has always been a pet peeve of mine. But it seems like living in Chattanooga has made it worse. The people here drive so very slow! I am talking UNDER the speed limit kind of slow. It drives me crazy!! They also treat stop lights like stop signs. If stop lights are optional in the town, I would really like to know. I have seen more people run stop lights in the last year living here then I had my entire life living in/around/near Atlanta.
2. Rude employees. Oh I am so sorry I have interrupted you while you are talking on your phone and when you are suppose to be working! That is my bad. I should be more patient and let you finish that conversation. And I totally deserve the snarky comments and eye rolls when I ask you a question.
3. People that take a long time in the bank drive-thru. OK people.... consider this my PSA. I worked for a bank for a few years and actually really liked working in the drive-thru.But there are a few things that I noticed people do, and it drives me nuts-o. Yes, the drive-thru is for your convience, but it is also for the 20 people behind you. Here are some general rules to go by...
* If you have more then 2 easy transactions. Go inside. (easy = a deposit, a withdrawal, and deposit/withdrawal w/ simple cash back, and/or a payment.)
* If you need specific denominations for your cash back, go inside. (i.e 3 - 100's, 2 - 50's, 11 - 20's, 9 - 10's, 5 - 5's, 8 - 1's, $4 in quarters, $2 in dimes.... you get the picture.)
* If you need a large amount of money (more then $1000), go inside.
* If you have change or need change, go inside.
* If you have questions about your account, go inside.
No one wants to know when that check cleared your account and why you got 3 NSF fees.
* If you have a large deposit, go inside.
* Finally, if they have more then one lane open it is OK to go to one of the other lines besides the first one. The lines will actually move faster if you follow these simple guidelines.
So basically.... simple transactions in the drive-thru, otherwise GO INSIDE!
4. Slow walkers and people that just stop in the middle of an isle. Need I explain more.
so yeah... those are just a few... I am sure there is more, but it is hard to think with Frozen playing on the TV.
I love your pet peeves. I especially agree with the slow drivers. I hate when they are slow in non-pass zones, then speed up when you can pass them. :(
ReplyDeletehahaha i literally couldnt stop laughing as i was reading your bank comments! i feel the exact same way. seriously, its called a drive through for a reason, not to sit and wait. just freakin go inside if you have more than one or two things!! thanks for linking up with us :)
ReplyDeleteI was a teller in a drive thru for years. I had the same customer every week pay her credit cards, which was not an easy transaction! AUGH! i believe all your 'guidlines' should be posted outside of every drive thru, or atleast, NO MORE THAN ONE TRANSACTION! Seriously, the drive thru is like the express lane in stores, so get out of there. Or the best as a teller is when the old folks wanna use it, but they cant hear ya in the intercoms...trying to do that can sometimes be a bear. I do miss sending dog treats out. :) i love furry visitors!
ReplyDelete