Sunday, November 3, 2013

Home

We are home....


Kind of....
We have been back in the states for about a week now. I had planned to start editing and posting pictures from our trip as soon as we got home. But our first few days home were harder then I expected. We were just getting back into our routine and schedule by the end of the week when our world got turned upside-down again.

The first few days we were home I struggled. I was very sick and very tired. Finley missed us and wanted every moment of our attention. I wanted to give it to her, but it was hard. There is nothing like being jet-lagged and miserably sick with a 3.5 year old that hasn't seen you in 3 weeks.

 Just as things were getting back to normal and I was feeling OK again, on Friday Matthew's grandmother passed away.



It was unexpected to say the least. So first thing Saturday morning we packed up the car and headed down to south Georgia to be with family. We will be here through Tuesday. Nan was a huge part of our lives. I never grew up knowing my grandparents, and I am blessed to have had the chance to get to be apart of Matt's family. Nan welcomed me into her family with open arms, but made it very clear from the beginning that Matthew was hers. From the moment Finley started talking she started to teach her how to say she was "Nan's girl." She loved fiercer that anyone person I have ever known. She was a strong and amazing women. I can only hope that one day I am able to be the kind of women she was.
It isn't often these days that kids get to meet and know their great-grandparents. I am thrilled to say that Finley had that chance. She actually got to spend 5 days with her while we were in Nepal. I just pray that Finley will remember those days she got to spend with her. Our hearts are broken, but we know she is in Heaven and there is no sadness there. We cry for ourselves and our loss. But death is gain and we will see her again someday. 

Hopefully once we get home again I will be able to sort through pictures from our trip and get those up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment