So I am getting into this game a little late. But I had a great time do the Blog Everyday in May challenge, so I figured I would jump in anyways!
Friday, September 13: A self portrait
I took this picture right after I got my hair cut a few months ago. I loved how she cut and styled it! Too bad I have never been able to style it like that again...
Also, I had JUST gotten my new glasses (like the day before) and was super excited about them!
Anyways.... lets take a few minutes to for a little bit of life lately....
1. Fantasy Football
Lets talk about this for just a second....
That team that is circled in yellow.... That is me!
I won last week and am currently in 1st place!
I am also the only girl in the league.
I am also the only girl in the league.
BOOM!
I hid all the boys names as to not embarrass them...
2. Grand Opening
Our church had its grand opening this past Sunday. It went really well! We had a great response to our mailers and our college guys did a great job inviting some of their friends from school! One of the local news channels called that morning and wanted to do a small story on what we are doing. You can watch the video here.
The story was short and simple. It was also really positive. Sometimes you don't know what how the news will spin things so we didn't really know what to expect when it aired. Daniel did a great job keeping it focused on our mission and what God has sent us here for. Some times it is easy to get caught up in what WE are doing and giving ourselves props and not focusing enough on what GOD is doing through us.
3. Fever
Finley started running a 103 fever Wednesday afternoon!! That kind of put a hold on doing just about anything else for the last 36 hrs. She seems to feel better today, but I am sure she will milk it for a few more days. She had a stomach bug last week, which was no fun. Nothing makes you clean your house with bleach like a puking kid!
I guess it is just that time of the year....
4. Visits
We get to go have lunch with the Low family tomorrow and hear all about their vision trip to Nepal!! I am sooo super excited to see them and hear their stories!!!!!! The last few days I have been a day ahead thinking we were going to get to see them "tomorrow," then I would realize it was only Thursday... and then I am sad. But today is finally Friday and lunch is FINALLY tomorrow!
Mrs. Low has decided to come to the dotMOM conference with me and Heidi next weekend. So I get 2 weekends in a row of quality time with Mrs. Low!! It is going to be a super awesome girls weekend! Can you tell I am a bit excited?
5. Fall
I have already put my fall decorations out. I am justifying this because we will be gone most of October and will miss out on the peak of celebrating fall.
My house smells awesome... by the way... cinnamon broom on the wall and a pumpkin candle burning.
It. Is. Awesome.
and lets ignore the fact that it is still 90+ degrees outside..... I thought it was suppose to start to cool down in September!?
6.Getting ready for Nepal
Y'all.....Y'all.....
Really.....
We leave in 3 weeks!
We have to start packing bags and weighing them so we can shed weight if we need to.
We are getting our visa info together.
Writing letters to allow grandparents to take Finley to the doctor.
And getting our documentation together in case something happens.
This is serious.
It is actually happening.
I am not going to lie... I have honestly thought "I'm not going. I am going to stay here with my daughter. Because that is what is best for her. (and safest for me...)" Then I am reminded how God has made this trip possible and provided everything we need for both of us to go. And then I'm all like "I'M GOING TO NEPAL! WOOT!" This conversation happens in about a minute at least 100 times a day in my head....
** side note: Heidi and I are in the midst of some training for a program we are using at the church. Our trainer asked if I would have internet access while on our mission trip. I wanted to be like "uh.... this is a third world country.... I am going to say probably not..." (I did kind of say that, but in a much nicer way...)
Well here is to another busy weekend!
Happy Friday the 13th!
Let's do this....
Well here is to another busy weekend!
Happy Friday the 13th!
Let's do this....


No comments:
Post a Comment