Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well Thanksgiving is upon us! Today will be spent cleaning before my parents arrive tonight. Thankfully (haha...) we do not host Thanksgiving at our house. Although, I am bit of a control freak and have tons of ideas on how to host Thanksgiving that I would like to try. BUT since it is not at my home, I will hold all my crafty ideas and give them a Christmas twist. Because I DO get to host Christmas.... and not just 1 Christmas..... but 2! 

Tomorrow will be spent with Matthew's Mom's side of the family along with my parents. Then Saturday will be spent with the rest of my family, which just means parents and siblings.

We got to spend part of our weekend in Chattanooga, TN. with some friends! It was a kid free weekend for both families, and we had a great time.

We got to go to a local cafe, which was super yummy and I gained 10 pounds just walking in there.


The boys (Matthew - Left and Daniel - Right) ordered one of the biggest cafe mocha's I have ever seen. Neither one was able to finish theirs.


We spent some time walking around in Coolidge Park and then over around the aquarium. 


This picture was taken with a new app called PicsArt and then was uploaded into Instagram. I like the filters better in PicsArt and then was able to save it to my phone. So go check it out! It's free!

Sunday was spent with more friends at the Falcons games. This was Matthew's first time at a NFL game. He kept saying it was both of ours first time, and I had to keep reminding him that I had been before. Just once, in high school, but I had been. So there....





We had a great time and the Falcons managed to win so that was a bonus! We were worried that they were going to lose.

Well we have started to have some movement on our next big journey. I still can't say anything because it still isn't public knowledge yet, but hopefully soon. We are starting to tell family. I was most worried about Matthew's mom's reaction, but she handled the news better then I thought. Tonight is my parents, then the rest of Matt's family on Thursday and then my family on Saturday. Once we get telling family and close friends done with I think we will be almost ready to go public.

I've been having a lot of anxiety over everything. There is a lot to think about, and I am a thinker. So I over analyze everything and while Matthew is still on step 1 or maybe on his way to step 2, I am think about steps 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and so on... He keeps telling me to take one bite at a time and slow down, but that isn't how my brain works and I find it hard to do so. Last night I stayed awake thinking and running through conversations and how I was going to tell certain people and what I wanted to say. At midnight with no signs of my brain slowing down, I got up and took one of my sleeping pills. I don't like to take them and I don't take them often, but if I get into a trend of not sleeping it will spiral out of control. I once went 8 nights without good sleep. I would rest, but would wake easily and never really get to sleep. So the last thing I need is stress and anxiety topped with a lack of sleep that will only make it worse. I think once everything is for sure and we have some plans set in stone I will start to feel better.... or maybe not.... We will see!

Well everyone.... Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Drive safe!
Have fun with family!
And eat lots of turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment