The school year is going to start again soon. For our local public schools, the teachers have started their pre-planning this week and the kids will go back on Monday.
Luckily for me, I work at a preschool. So we will start pre-planning next Monday and then school will start the following week.
I am very excited about this year. After a rough first part of last year, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it anymore. But this year I have a wonderful assistant and I am looking forward to getting the chance to work with her again! I have already started getting my lesson plans together, and I am excited to do some of the crafts and activities I have found online (thank you to Pinterest)!
But the craziness doesn't just start next Monday.
Today is my last day of calm before the storm. Tomorrow is a training day. Then I am getting together with the ladies in our small group to make welcome back gifts for some teachers at a local school. Thursday I am headed to a local farmers market with a friend. Which I am very excited about! I love farmers markets! Thursday night is a GNO with my fellow teachers before the year starts, which is much needed! Then Friday will be errands day!
With all this going on and the school year starting, I have had to start a new habit.
I have started getting up with the Hub's at 6:45 in the morning. I know for some moms that may be sleeping in, but for me that is early. Normally I sleep until I hear Finley wake up between 7:30 and 8:30. I know! I get to sleep until 8:30!? Not every morning, but yes.... some mornings I do.
But knowing the school year is quickly approaching and a schedule is going to be needed, I have started to get one going.
It has actually been really nice to wake up with the Hub's. I can sit and blog or pinterest or facebook in peace, at least for a little bit. I can have a cup of coffee without it being knocked over or grabbed at.
The other thing that makes me excited about the school year starting, is that means Fall is on it's way!
I can see it coming. Every morning it is a little big darker then the morning before. Being from the South, you get use to long summers. And when I say they are long..... they are looooooooooooooooooooooong! They typically start some time in April, if you're lucky it will hold off until May. Then it can last through October. But, it isn't just about being done with the heat. With fall comes football season, camping, the leaves changing color, the smell of crisp fresh air, the ability to go to the park without dyeing. I can burn pumpkin scented candles, the holidays are on their way, there will be nights of cuddles under blankets, and bonfires. I can drink hot chocolate, coffee and hot tea! There will be pj pants in the morning, jeans during the day with boots, and then pj pants again that night. I can wear my sweaters, scarfs and hats! I can dress my little in stockings and leg warmers! Yes, I have knitted leg warmers for her. My sister made them, while kind of protesting the come back of the 80's, but I got tons of compliments on them when she wore them last year :) It will be hats and jackets and scarfs for Little's too! And I can't wait! I am not a fan of summer. I can usually handle it until July 4th, but after that I am over it. Which stinks, because we will have at least 3 more months of heat and sweat.
So, so long July and welcome to you August! Let's get this school year going!
Another new habit I wanted to try and stick to is taking a picture every day. You see these "Picture a day" things on instagram and they are things like "a chair," "your breakfast," or "a toy". Which is fine, it reminds you to stop and enjoy the small things. But for me I would rather take pictures of Little's or something she is doing. So I am trying to commit to taking at least 1 picture everyday of something that has meaning to me! I will post it at the end of the month. I didn't do this in July, but I do have some pictures I took.
Happy end of the Summer and beginning of the school year to ya!









No comments:
Post a Comment