Hello September..... Goodbye August.
Hello cooler temperatures...... goodbye hot hot summer.
Hello football season.... goodbye conversations with the husband.
Hello pumpkin spice latte... goodbye chocolatey frappuccinos.
Hello fall scented candles.... goodbye summery ones. (and let's face it... Fall candles are the best.)
Hello boots and scarfs.... goodbye shorts and flip flops.
Can you tell I am a wee bit excited that it is September!?
Oh my... I am so excited.
I saw that Starbucks has out their pumpkin spice latte. I almost got one the other day, except it was still like 95 degrees out with 100% humidity. And the last thing I wanted to do was sweat some more.
We had a great time with my parents this weekend. We went and ate some pretty good BBQ and watch some football. (not my favorite, but it was good). My mom and I always do a little bit of shopping and Finley got some super cute outfits. I also got a new chambray shirt!! I have been wanting one for a while, and now I have one :)
We got ice cream and a really cool place downtown. Finley made a hot mess of herself and was dangerously waving that cone around.
And can we talk about this little hat my dad found for Finley at the farmers market!? I die. There is a good chance this will end up on my head at some point.
September is a super exciting month for us. Our church has its grand opening this weekend! Which means we start going weekly!!!
We only have 4 weekends to fit in all the fun fall activities with Finley as we can. Which means pumpkin patches, apple picking, hiking, and lots of crafts.
That also means we only have 4 weekends until we leave for Nepal!! We are 1 month and 2 days away!! I can hardly believe that we are so close. And I know I will turn around and we will be on an airplane. As we get closer I am starting to have some anxiety about leaving Finley. I have honestly had a few moments where I thought that I didn't REALLY need to go.... right? I trust everyone she will be staying with, and am excited for her to get to spend some good quality time with all of her grandparents. I just think it is natural for any mom to be hesitant about leaving their baby, am I right? I felt like this a few years ago when Matthew and I went to New York for our 5 year anniversary. The hardest part was leaving. Once we were gone, I was fine. But I had a super hard time leaving. So much so, that days before we were to leave I tried to convince Matthew that we should just cancel the trip. He told me no, we were going. So we did, and it was great. I know this will be the same way.
Heidi and I will be going to the dotMOM conference here in Chattanooga in a couple of weekends. That should be fun! It will be like a ladies weekend, and we are both looking forward to it.
So basicaly, the next 2 months are going to be a whirl wind.
Weekly services.
A ladies weekend away (kind of).
Fun fall activities with the family.
3 weeks in Nepal.
To make it home just in time for Halloween.
Which basically leads to Thanksgiving.... and then lets face it... CHRISTMAS!
And so on that note... I am out.
Happy September y'all!


No comments:
Post a Comment