Wow! What an awesome weekend we had at the dotMOM conference! I think I heard that there was somewhere around 2000 women! That is a lot of estrogen in one place, but it was awesome!
Today has been the first day that I have felt recovered from the whirl wind 3 days of the conference and our Sunday service.
There were large group times full of worship lead by Lauren Chandler (a.maz.ing!) and fantastic speakers.
Each day had 2 breakout sessions. It was so hard to pick which ones to go to. I need way more then just 4 breakout sessions. I also needed some of the classes to be presented more then just once. I hated to miss some of them. They all looked so good. I walked away with so much to bring home and do with my family.
There was lots of laughter and tears. There were good tear, and thankful tears, and tears of hurt hearing some of the people speak. You could see God was moving in this place and it was so wonderful to watch!
Heidi and I looked at each other at the end and at the same time said "We are coming back next year!" Which it will be in Nashville. So that means an even more awesome girls weekend away to plan! (Krystal would come too... but you know she will be living in another country as a missionary. So I don't think she will be able to make it. Sadness that she wont be there. But joyfulness that she will living out God's plan for her and her family!)
We did end up staying at a Chattanooga ChooChoo. We stayed up until 2 am and prob could have kept going, but I am glad we decided to finally turn the lights out. We had a 7:30 am wake up call in order for 3 females to be fully dressed and make-uped and back at the conference center by 9:30! We were only about 15 minutes late with Starbucks in hand! So not too shabby....
The conference ended at about 4:30 and we left right from there and headed to the YMCA to start the set up for the service the next morning.
The statement no rest for the weary has never spoken more truth then it did this past weekend. I hit my wall about 2:30 in the afternoon and was running on caffeine and will power!
The service Sunday went great! I have now been able to make it upstairs to 2 services (out of 7). We are starting to get a really great group of college girls that are wanting to love on our babies and kids and teach them God's word. Which is awesome, because it allows me to go to service. So thank you ladies! Y'all are the best!
We are now on our 10 day count down until we leave for Nepal. We have test packed our packs and are under weight. Always a good thing. It means we get to bring back some cool things!
Training is still going on. I think we are coming to a close on it soon though and I am excited about that. Hopefully by the time we get back we will be fully live on the new system!
Well it is late and we have co-op in the morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment