Friday, August 30, 2013

It's been crazy around here...

Last time I posted Matthew and I were getting ready for our anniversary dinner. We had a great time! Finley spent the night with some friends, so this allowed us to take our time and stay out later then we would have normally.

We have been keeping busy with homeschool. We go to a co-op 1 day a week and then try and do stuff at home 2 days other days. I try and keep it very loose and let Finley guide what we do next. I usually know what I want to do, but I let her pick what we do and when. This seems to work well for us and Finley loves it!


This past weekend after dinner we decided to go for a walk downtown. The weather was great and Finley got to run out some energy before bed. 

 I am also almost done with my first week of being shampoo free! I started last Saturday doing no-poo washes. So far so good. Nothing really drastic has happened and my hair still looks normal.


 See... normal clean looking hair. I was worried that it would still look dirty even after I had washed it. But it looks and feels clean. I am still in the "transition" phase. So we will see what my hair looks like in another week or 2!

We had a little bit of a scare this week. My sister called me Wednesday morning asking if I had talked with our dad. After putting me on hold (for 3 minutes! not a good way to start a conversation) while trying to conference in my brother, she came back to tell me our mom was being taken to the hospital. They thought she was having a heart attack. (Can I just say that this goes on the top 5 worst phone calls to get. EVER!) After she spent the night in the hospital and had some tests run, everything is fine. The doctors think it was just a sever panic attack and not a heart attack. Disaster adverted!

This should be a fun weekend. Even with the scare, my parents are on their way up to visit for the weekend. And that always make it a good weekend!

Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

















No comments:

Post a Comment