Thursday, September 19, 2013

To-Do Lists and a Fried Brain

So here I sit at 11 o'clock at night sitting in my room by myself. Matthew is out of town for work, he left Wednesday morning and will be gone until Friday night. And this week has been mad crazy (yo!)...
there is a good chance I have lost it....

First, we are in crunch time people!!!! We leave in 2 weeks!!!!!
That mean there is a to-do list over a mile long of documents to print.
List to have ready for grandparents. 
Test packing our backpacks checking for weight issues.
Getting Finley's fall clothes out and washed ready for it to get cold while we are gone. 
(oh and my washer is making a HORRIBLE sound...)
Making sure she has everything she will need.
Making sure all the grandparents have everything she will need.

But there is also a to-do list of things to prep for the church.
There is curriculum to print.
Supplies to buy.
Schedules to organize.
Volunteers to contact and confirm for while I am gone. (side note: WE HAVE VOLUNTEERS!!! And they are from here in Chattanooga and are a part of the church!! eek! that is so exciting!)
I know things will be fine and work out while we are gone.... but I want to try and make it as easy as possible for everyone.

Then on top of all of this.... which is enough to keep me busy until we leave. Heidi and I are training for the software that we will be using for the church. Did I mention we are trying to fit about 6 - 8 weeks of videos, training calls, and another extremely LONG (and growing) to-do list in to a 3 week period? Yeah.... We want to try and get as much as possible done before we leave. Because there is a good chance that Heidi and Daniel will need to be out of town shortly after we get back.
Heidi and I have spent most of our free time the last week going through training stuff. We spent 2 nights this week working on figuring out the website and getting items marked off our to-do list. We had a 4 hour webinar earlier today. It's been a lot... and my brain is fried. 

I am surprised I am able to even type this right now. Although, I have a lot of red squiggly lines under a lot of misspelled words...

I am just ready to be done with this training and be fully live on this system! It looks so super cool and we are very excited to use it. But we are starting from scratch and have to enter everything and everyone. And that takes time. Time that is growing more and more precious as we get ready to be gone for 3 weeks!

On the plus side... tomorrow some of us girls will be heading out to the dotMOM conference for the rest of the weekend! Although it will not be a full sit back and kick my heels up relaxing weekend, it is still going to be a much need break with some girlfriends! We are hoping to get a hotel room and make it a full blow girls weekend! I am soooo looking forward to this!

So now that I have used up the last of my brain cells I am going to bed.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment