Well we start our journey in about 3 days.We will leave Chattanooga on Friday to drop our dog off with my parents. Then head to Matt's dad and step-mom's to drop of Finley and then they will take us to the airport Saturday morning. I have started to notice I am not sleeping as well. I am waking up anxious most mornings this week. It is a mixture of stress, freaking out, excitement, and anticipation. I am also in that strange place of prep where everything that can be done is set and ready to go, except for the things that can't be done until the day before. Like laundry, cleaning the house, packing Finley's stuff, etc. So as I was sitting around the other day toiling over what I had to do later this week and realized I had nothing to do right then... I decided to organize my purses. Sounds like a good idea, right? (It was...) But who does that the week before they leave the country for 3 weeks? I guess I do...
Up until this point I have had so much to do to get ready I haven't really had time to think about the actual trip. But now the curriculum for the next few Sunday's is ready. The training Heidi and I have been working on has been put on hold until I get back. All documents and emergency contacts have been printed for family. We have our list of things to pack and have test packed them to make sure they all fit and are under weight. Now it is just a waiting... I hate waiting.
I have requested that my last meals be Chick-fil-a and Starbucks. Matthew said "You're going to another country! Not dieing!" I responded "Yes... but just in case. I would like those to be my last American meals before we leave." He just shook is head at me. I am sure he would have walked away from me, but we were in the car:)
This past weekend we spent some good quality family time together. We went for a hike at Lula Lake (which is not a lake... but a pool at the bottom of a waterfall). When Matthew suggested we go to Lula Lake, I was picturing a big lake with ducks and green space to eat lunch. It was not what I thought it was. Either way, we had a great time. Finley loves to hike. She talks about it all the time. When we haven't been in a while she will ask if we are going to go soon. It was a good time.
I have been trying to get some fun quality time in with Finley before we leave. So I had decided to take her to the aquarium on Monday. She said she wanted to go to the Discovery Museum. So that is where we went! She was in such a good mood all day and had a great time. The museum wasn't busy, we practically had the place to ourselves. She was able to move around as she pleased and didn't have to push her way to see or do anything. It was awesome and that is how I like to visit a museum. That place can get crazy and overwhelming sometimes!
Well I hear Puppy jingling, which can only mean Finley will be awake soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment