Monday, August 12, 2013

Life Lately

Life has been a little crazy lately. It seems like we are constantly on the move. We have also had some big changes in our house....

Finley is finally getting this whole potty training thing. We have had some hurdles that have been hard to get over. Everyone said to just give her time. One day she will just get it. So we decided to take a step back and just letting her be for a few weeks. Then last week it started to click! We haven't had an accident in over a week now! 
And we have been hitting up the local Sonic for slushies just about every other day. Because I am not above bribery!




 I said yes to this outfit the other day. We had to go to Wal-mart for 3 things and I didn't feel like fighting her on this one. So I let it go... and she loved it. The smile on her face was priceless.
Oh and Finley is obsessed with headbands recently. She wants to wear them all the time! Looks like I need to start making those instead of hairbows!


Matthew and I will celebrating our 7 year wedding anniversary this weekend. I am so super excited to get dressed up and go out!  And so as I am thinking "I can't believe its been 7 years!!" my sister sends me this picture.....


That is my nephew and he is going into the 1st grade!! The day we got back from our honeymoon, my sister called to tell me she was pregnant! NOW look at him! How is this even possible!? He is litterally a physcial representation of how long we have been married! And I can't believe he is in the 1st grade! 

Heidi and I are still running and working out a few times a week. We have added the Insanity workout to our routine, for the days that it rains or we don't have someone to watch the kids so we can run. I can tell that my body is starting to crave the physical activity. I have also noticed when we haven't worked out for a few days my anxiety starts to rise. So that is just more reasons to keep doing it, right?!

Finally, Finley and I start a homeschool co-op this week. She is very excited to "go to school". Then next week we will actually start our own schedule 2 days a week. I am thrilled to start teaching her and seeing her grow and learn over the next year!

 **Side note..... 7 weeks until we head to Nepal!!!! I think we have finally gotten all our gear and the trip is just about paid for! Plane tickets have been ordered and we have our flight plans. We will have a 15 hour layover at one point! We just had some friends leave to go over to Nepal to meet some of the families they will be working with over there once they move there next year! They took their 2 oldest girls (4 and 8) on this trip to show them were they are moving. They will be taking the rest of their family (a family of 6!) after the first of the year!! Please be in prayer for this family as they spend the next 2 weeks in a strange country trying to explain to their 2 girls that this is where their new home will be!

Happy Monday and have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment