For most people Sundays are spent waking up slowly, drink a cup of coffee with pancakes cooking for breakfast. They spend the day being lazy and lounging around the house with no real plans for the day.
Not in my house.
Sunday are started with a 6:45 alarm that gets snoozed until 7:03. Rolling out of bed trying to make myself look halfway decent for all my fellow church members, so I don't send them running away from the nursery screaming "That lady is not watching my baby!!" It is pulling the blankets back at 7:30 off my husband and telling him to get up and get Finley ready, that I need to leave in 30 minutes! And that is when he is home, other wise it is letting her sleep until 7:45 and then rolling her out of bed, getting her dressed handing her a sippy cup with juice and grabbing a granola bar on our way out the door.
Then it is hours spent at the church directing volunteers where they are serving and parents on which room they are leaving their precious baby in today. Followed by holding a screaming baby that is hungry, but the parents have left no bottle and directions that the baby is NOT to be fed. Thanks.
Finally around 1:00 we are home, eating lunch and followed by nap times for everyone.
But not this Sunday... this Sunday was spent waking up slowly and a cup of coffee. Letting Finley sleep until 8:30. Then spending the morning watching Tangled and Lala Loopsy, coloring and reading books. I did laundry and dishes. It has been a day of getting back into the swing of things and starting to feel normal again.
I'm glad my house is getting back to normal.
I'm also glad I took 2 weeks off from the nursery.
It has been a welcome break!
Now we are off to celebrate Baby Logan's arrival with some wonderful friends!
Happy lazy Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment