Tuesday, July 3, 2012

About to take a break


My little rockstar!

It has taken 2 years, but my porch swing has finally been put up! I have been asking my hubby to do it since we moved into this house, but it has just never happened. So finally I said something to my father-in-law and he said it would get put up before the 4th of July. Last weekend he was over hanging out and I asked if they could get it put up. I am extremely excited that it got done! Too bad we have had 100+ degree days for the last week and have not been able to enjoy it. At least it got put up before the deadline.



 My FIL learned a lesson that weekend. It was never to give me a deadline, because I will hold him to it. He has talked about building Finley her big girl bed for when she is ready to move from her toddler bed to a real bed. He has mentioned this before, but we haven't really sat down and worked out the details. He said he didn't want to give me a timeline because I would hold him to it :) (Just an FYI he built our swing as our first Christmas gift as a married couple and the bed in our guest room. Which my hubby slept in until we were married and got our own bedroom set.) 

Saturday I took Finley to her first story time. She really enjoyed it, although it was cut short. 



Tomorrow if the 4th of July. I am very excited to take Finley to the parade in downtown and then fireworks that night. This will be the first year we take her. Last year we spent 4th of July weekend at the beach. Which was the beach trip from hell. Lesson learned that weekend: don't take a 14 month old that just learned to walk to the beach on the most crowded weekend of the season and without other family there to help you. This year, we will be hanging around our house and the pool. 

I will be taking a break for a little while, for about a week or so. Next Friday I will be going under the knife for my Mommy Make Over! I am very excited and nervous about it. This is something we have talked about doing for a long time, but decided we would wait until we were done having kids. And although I'm not sure I am done, my hubby thinks he is. This was a big question I had when considering to have the surgery. But after talking to the doctor, if we decided to have another child later I should be fine to nurse them. I am very excited to be within 2 weeks of the procedure. It feels like it has taken forever to get here, but at the same time it feels like we just set up the appointment. I have a lot to do to get the house ready for me to be down. I have cleaning to do. Which was made a little harder, since our dryer broke this weekend.


 So we are going old school and drying our clothes on a clothes line.

 I have errands to run and grocery shopping that needs to get done. 
There is meal planning that has to happen. 
Then cooking and freezing meals.

I will have one of my sister-in-laws here to help. Which will be wonderful, since I wont be able to do much with Finley. I would really like to have everything set for her and Matthew for that week. They both keep telling me they can cook dinner, which is true. But I am the one that does the shopping, so I know what is in the pantry and freezer. If I just handed them the reins, I am worried that they wouldn't know what to make. I am sure we would get fed, but I am a bit of a control freak. So in my head there would be things that didn't get used and things that did that shouldn't have and then my pantry and freezer would be crazy! 

Well here is to some time off! Have a Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment