Matthew and I have some exciting news!
We will be heading back to Nepal this October!
So lets take this conversation back to January.
Back in January, Matthew and I sat down and started to discuss our trips for the year. We needed to make a decision on if we would be going back to Nepal on another mission trip or not. If so, we needed to start the support raising process. After several conversations we decided this year we would take a break. We have not had a family vacation since Finley was 1. And since mission trips take a huge chunk of Matthew's vacation time, we decided not to go back this year. We also felt like this was the year to give our supporters a break.
A few days later during one of the snow storms, Matthew and I sat at home watching the snow fall and booked our condo in Hilton Head for a week. We were both very happy and excited about our decision to take time this year for our family. Even with taking a family vacation, this left Matthew with 8 days of vacation and no idea what to do with them.
Then at the end of April, Matthew came to me and asked what I thought about one of us going to Nepal to visit our friends that had moved there back in January. My first question was who would go? My second question was is this a mission trip and do we need to raise funds? Then I asked, if not how are we going to pay for it?
The answers were just one of us would go and to pray about which one. No it would not be a mission trip. And we have enough saved that we could swing it.
So we began to pray about it.
Yesterday Matthew asked me again how I felt about 1 of us going. I responded with "How can we pick just 1 of us?" We both want to go, and we both have good reasons to go. So after working somethings out financially, last night we booked 2 tickets to Nepal in October!!
We are UBER excited to go back and visit our friends. Since this is not a mission trip, there is no schedule we have to stick to. This trip will be much more relaxed. We will get to see what day to day life is like for our friends overseas. I cannot tell you how excited I am. I want to cry because I just can't wait! October cannot get here soon enough!!
SO excited! WE canNOT wait to see you both! We love and miss you! Thank you for your love, encourage and support you give to us!! Love you!
ReplyDelete