Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Life Lately


I have been a little bit slack on this blog recently. I have this weird thing in my head that I feel like I need to get all my Nepal post up before I can post about anything else. It takes some time to process a trip like that. Coming home and jumping right into the holidays and the loss of a family member makes it even harder to sit down and really think about our trip.




Life has been a bit crazy since we got home. By the time we got back into town from Matt's grandmothers funeral we were only 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving. The week of Thanksgiving, Finley and I were busy with play dates and errands out of the house. We left that Thursday morning for Matt's aunts house and then were were gone until late Saturday night.

After time with Matt's family, we drove up to my parents place. We decorated their Christmas tree on Friday as a family (minus Matthew, he went paddling.... go figure...). Then on Saturday we had our Thanksgiving dinner with them.






I did a horrible job of taking pictures while we were gone :( I need to do better about that!

On Sunday after church we decorated our Christmas tree.
This is the first year Finley has been really interested helping to decorate. She also like to clump the ornaments. It's cute, but I still spread them out.





We were home from our Thanksgiving trip for 3 days, then Finley and I were back out of town at my parents. My mom had her first cataracts surgery and needed someone to take her. And since we were already down that way, sorta... We continued down to Matt's Nan's house to spend some time with Matt's mom and step-dad. We also had to start going through Nan's things and sorting them out. That kind of sucked. I have never had to do anything like that before, and it made the whole situation feel real for the first time since the memorial service. 

I was able to bring some things back with me and it is nice to have part of Nan in our house surrounding us. She is very loved and very much missed.

I have not made any plans to go anywhere or do much of anything until we leave for Christmas. And that feeling is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment