Monday, December 23, 2013

How did this happen!?


How did this happen? How is it already December 23rd!? I swear I had 2 more days, not 1. This morning as I got up I was planning out my day. I was going to take it a little easy. Do a little bit of cleaning and laundry. Maybe head to the store at some point for a few last minute things. But I was in no rush. I still had tomorrow to get things done.

Then I looked at the date on my computer, and my eyes about popped out of my head and my heart sank into my stomach. December 23rd!? That can't be right!! But it is, and so everything I had planned to do over the next 2 days gets done today. We leave for my brothers house tomorrow morning some time, so there will not be enough time to do this stuff tomorrow. 



I love having gifts wrapped and under the tree. As soon as I get them, I like to wrap them and put them out. Growing up, my parents never put the Christmas gifts out until Christmas eve. It would drive me crazy as a kid! I just love the sight of a tree with gifts under it. But ever since I put them out 2 weeks ago, Finley asks if it is time to open them yet. Usually the first question she asks in the morning is if Daddy is still home. For the last 2 weeks it was been if it is Christmas day yet and if she can open her gifts. Every morning I have to tell her no, she has to wait a few more days. She talks about giving her cousins their gifts and sharing hers with them. It is so sweet, and she is so excited! Last Christmas she was excited about the decorations and all the pretty things out and that was fun to watch. This year she is excited about all of it, and that is even better to watch! To see Christmas through her eyes, brings the magic of Christmas back. Every year it gets better and better!



Usually, this time of year I am in super craft mode. But since Finley wasn't in a preschool this year, I didn't have a class to make treats for or teachers to make teacher gifts. So my motivation for crafting just hasn't been there. Then last week I had the urge to make something. I didn't want to have to go to Hobby Lobby to get supplies (a 30 minute drive). So I started looking for something we could make that I already had all the supplies for. I came across and recipe for cornstarch ornaments, and so we set to work on making them.









Finley had a great time decorating them. Glitter was everywhere, and there is a good chance Matthew's head was about to explode. He hates glitter. We are still finding red glitter from a project I tried 2 years ago in another house. 

Finished product!

I love this picture because you can see the glitter all over her hands. It is every where still!


Such a sweet face!


We also went to a friends house for a ginger bread house making party. Finley had a great time and I think she ate more then she put on her house!




Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment