If we have ever talked about running or working out of any type, then you know it's not my thing. A few years ago I joined a gym, and actually really enjoyed it. I was not one of those people hauling it on the treadmill or lifting weights. I enjoyed to yoga class the most and that is typically what I went to do. I would WALK on the treadmill every-now-and-then though.
I don't like anything that makes me breath heavy or sweat. So I tend to avoid those activities.
If we have ever talked about running I have probably told there are only and handful of reason I run.
1. There is a fire.
2. Something is wrong with Finley (ie hurt or into something)
3. There is a zombie/vampire/wearwolf chasing me.
So if you see me running, you better keep up!
Well recently I have noticed my body changing. When we lived in Newnan I stayed in shape because of all the other kinds of things we did. I was constantly on the go and chasing more then one child. Now I'm not doing as much and have started to notice it.
The other week Heidi asked if I wanted to start running with her and I said sure, not really knowing what I was getting myself into.
But I have really enjoyed it. If I haven't gone in a few days I can tell my body starts to crave it. First thing in the mornings while I'm in my bed the last thing I want to do is get out and go sweat. But, like most things that are hard to do, I have yet to regret going.
I like having a running buddy and Heidi is great! She really helps to keep me motivated and going, or else I would just give up and be like "ain't nobody got time for dat!"
But this week, she is out of town. So it is up to me to keep going.
So this morning I went for the first time on my own! I ran/walked 2 miles! It feels so good to get myself motivated!

I got into running last year (after never loving it) and now I can't imagine not doing it-- I don't always love it while I'm running but afterwards I always feel so good!
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by my fb page!