Here I am! Sorry I have been MIA for the past almost 2 weeks. April was a really busy month for us. We had several friends and family visiting. It seems as though as soon as one visitor would leave, we would have another. The month ended with Finley's birthday party this past weekend. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.
We took Finley for a walk at Cloudland Canyon. We also recently got a kid carrier backpack and I got some hiking boots for our trip to Nepal. (The boots are going... Finley is not. The backpack is so we can take her with us while we get ready for the trip.) Finley really seems to enjoy going on these walks. Tonight we took our dog with us, and when we got home he laid down on the couch and passed out. Silly puppy....
We had my nephew's 6th birthday party. It was Starwars themed. Finley wanted to be where all the other kids weren't. While they were all outside running around, she wanted to be inside. Then as soon as they all came inside, she wanted to be outside. She is my little rebel.
Matthew's sister and her son came to visit for a few days. Finley and I took them to Coolidge Park in downtown. Finley wasn't so sure about the fountain at first. But once she got in there she loved it! She also loved playing with her cousin. She also had her first carousel ride. Since she wouldn't be 3 until the next day she was still free! It was her last free thing, so I am glad it was her 1st carousel.
Finally our busy month came to an end with Finley's party. Due to the rainy weekend we had, everyone was forced to stay inside. So there was no bubbles or running or sidewalk chalk like I had planned. Then shortly after we sang "happy birthday" and blew out the candles, Finley went running through the house yelling "PRESENTS!" And before I could get my camera she started ripping into them. This was the first year that she really got into it. So that was fun to watch her open everything and get really excited for all her fun new stuff. Except the $5 bill she got. I think that was the least favorite thing. She found it in her card and threw it to the side like it was trash. Everyone in the room was like "oh! wait! don't throw that away!" She didn't understand... but she will some day...
No comments:
Post a Comment