What a wonderful weekend we had here in Chattanooga! It is the first really nice day that we have had that we were in town for and we enjoyed every minute of it!
After plans for some visitors fell through for this weekend, Matthew decided to go boating. That left me and Finley at home with nothing to do and I refused to stay inside and do nothing.
So I packed up a blanket and we stopped to grab some lunch. Then we headed downtown to Coolidge Park to spend some time in the sun!
We had a wonderful lunch watching people walk by.
We wanted to feed some ducks, but we couldn't get close enough to the river. So I let Finley run around free. The fountain at the park was on, and Finley got her feet wet. As we were walking around enjoying the day, Finley got tripped up in the stroller wheel and scraped her knee. This set the tone for the rest of the weekend, which was downhill. Her attitude took a turn for the worse and stayed that way for the rest of the weekend. We tried to make the best of it though.
After Matthew got home, we spent the rest of the evening outside playing with bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Finley chased the dog around and he loved it!
Matthew and I enjoyed a glass of wine while watching them play and the sun set. It made my heart happy.
Sunday afternoon after church was spent pretty much the same way. We ended up putting Finley down for her nap and then staying outside for a while longer. I enjoyed sitting in the sun and doing some reading. Overall (minus the bad attitude and a few spankings) the weekend was great and relaxing. Especially since we have such a busy month planned, it was nice to chill and spend time as a family.
It is suppose to get up in the 80's this week and I am excited to get out and enjoy the weather!
********
We were recently asked to send in a picture our family and our story for the church website. We didn't have a good current picture of our family, so we had our friend Heidi take one for us this weekend. These are the 2 I like best. Which should we use?
Option 1
Option 2
oh side note... Matthew let me have my birthday stuff on Friday! I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to make bolder style choices. The outfits featured in the above pictures are some of those choices.
Outfit 1
Hat: Charlotte Russe
Black Sweater: Target
White T-shirt: Wal-mart
Necklace: Forever21
Mint jeans and white sandals: Wetseal
Outfit 2
headband: oh,sweet joy! This girl is super cute and I love reading her blog and shop. You should check her out!
necklace: groopdealz. This is a deal website, so this particular necklace is gone, but the website still has some awesome finds!
Shirt and jeans: Target
No comments:
Post a Comment