Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Some Great Family Time

Last week I took Finley for her 2 year visit. Everything went well. She did really well getting her shot. She only cried while they were doing it. Then as soon as she got her sticker she was fine. The only concern the doctor had was that she had lost almost 2 lbs. This may not seem like a lot for some kids, but when your 2 year old weighed 23 lbs in February and now weighs 20.8 lbs... It's kind of a big deal. We have had to cut out all juice. She still gets 1 cup in the morning of V8, but that is because she has stopped drinking milk. After that she gets water in a big girl cup. This is to try and make sure she isn't filling up on juice instead of eating. This seems to be helping. Last night we had leadership at our church and I had packed her a dinner I knew she would eat. They always order pizza, but she has never shown any interest in eating it. When I picked her up at the end of the night she had eaten her chicken nuggets, fruit and a slice of pizza! My jaw hit the floor. Maybe the doctor actually knew what she was talking about!? We are starting to weigh her every week and we have to go back in 6 months for a weight check. We haven't noticed a big change yet, but it has only been a week.

We had a great weekend this past weekend. Matthew stayed home. I did our neighborhood yard sale. I had a few people come and buy stuff. It was mainly little girl clothes, so I wasn't sure how much I would actually sell. I made $55! Which was more then Matthew and I expected to make. I wasn't sure I was going to make anything, so that was a plus! I plan on taking everything else to consignment this week. Then Saturday night we went to a surprise birthday party for a close friend. We had a great time being baby free! Sunday I was able to go to service with Matthew since I had planned on not serving that weekend. The service was awesome. I told Matthew you can tell how much I get out of the service by how many notes I take, and I almost took his bulletin so I could have more space! Then after the service we had my in-laws over for some pool time and cooking out on the grill. It was a great weekend full of family time.

This weekend is Mother's Day and we are having some of our family over to our house. I plan on making some type of small gift to give to all the mom's in our family. Also, we are coming up on the end of the school year so I have gifts to make for my class and Finley's teachers. So I'm sure there will some fun homemade things to come! Have a great week and Happy Mother's Day if I don't get the chance to post again before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment