We started our Easter fun by dyeing eggs on Friday. Finley really enjoyed this, although the control freak in me didn't want her touching any of the dyes. But she did enjoy telling me which color to put the egg in and watching the egg change colors.
We also did some baking....
** These were the worst cupcakes. I don't think I have done that bad of a job on baking cupcakes since I started to cook/bake. They were very dense and kind of burned (my oven has a fine line between cooked and burned and I had missed it that day). Everyone was really nice though and ate some.
I also made this.... It was a big hit, as always! It has become a staple at all our family get togethers. I will post how I make it soon.
Saturday was spent with my family and my parents new condo. We had a great time hanging out and playing on the Xbox Kinect. I kicked butt at gold, who knew? We also did an egg hunt for Finley and my nephew. I am looking forward to next year when Aurelle (my new niece) can join the fun!
Oh my goodness she was so dirty! My parents let her eat cheetos and she had started to wipe her hands all over her dress. When I told her to stop and wait so I could get a wipe, she walked over to me and tried to wipe her hands on me!
She is eating jelly beans in this picture.
I have never seen a child shovel jelly beans in their mouth like she did. She would shake the egg to see which ones had jelly beans and then pop it open and start shoveling!
Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church. After I put Finley in her Easter dress she started twirling and ran out to the living room to her daddy and said "I a princess!" It was so cute!
After church we let her have her easter basket. I didn't want her to see it before we left because she would have wanted the candy in it and that was a fight I did not want to have at 7:30 in the morning!
This is Finley with her great grandmother. You don't see to many of those these days. So I try and capture any moment of the two of them together. She is an amazing woman and I want Finley to be able to look back at these pictures one day and remember how wonderful she was.
My pretty little girl loves to play in the dirt!
Our ride home only takes about 15 minutes, but she fell asleep before we even made it half way there!
Well happy late easter!
We are T-minus 7 days to the birthday party!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment