Saturday, April 25, 2015

Devastation




This morning I rolled over and picked my phone up to scroll through Facebook. One of the first post I saw was from our friends that moved there last year. His message just said "We had an earthquake. We are safe." These posts aren't uncommon to see. There have been a few natural disasters in Nepal since they moved, an avalanche and a landslide. So when I saw the post I didn't think too much about it. I mentioned it to Matthew and went about my morning.

But as the U.S. began to wake up and the news began to break on social media and the news, we began to realize that it was much worse then we thought. We have been able to get news about all our friends there. Thank God everyone is OK and none of them have been injured. Many of our friends have lost their homes and everything they own. Villages have been destroyed and the death toll keeps rising. One of the villages we had the chance to visit has been destroyed. Many of our friends, as is much of the area, are sleeping outside and have little to no food. Water is limited and foreigners aren't able to drink the local water. The hospitals are being over run. Monsoon season starts soon, and without shelter the situation is only going to get worse.

Please pray for this country.

Please donate if you are able to.

Here are a few options:

World Vision
Direct Relief
Samaritan's Purse
Asian Children's Education Fellowship (This is one of the organizations that Matthew and I have gone with.)

No comments:

Post a Comment