This is how things have been going for us right now. I just haven't been able to catch a break.
If I am being honest with you... I am a glass half empty kind of girl. I find the negatives and I dwell on them. When bad things happen, I stew and stew and stew until I boil over.
The last few weeks there has been a lot of bad. More bad then I want to deal with.
We have had bad news.
Things haven't gone as planed.
Money that we don't have has need to be spent on multiple car issues.
I have been running at 100 mph for the last month. Every day is something else. Some where else to be. Another doctors appointment. Something else that needs to be done. I feel like I am spiraling out of control.
And so today I sat in a parking lot for the 2nd time in 5 days with a broken car. My first instinct was to cry and be mad. At first I was, but then I just had to laugh. As I could feel my eyes begin to burn with angry tears at yet another frustrating situation, I stopped and prayed and then began to laugh.
I mean really? Who has this kind of luck? It must be laughed at.
As I sat there waiting for Matthew to come to my rescue, I began to list out the good things that have happened over the last few weeks.
So instead of being angry and listing out all the things that have gone wrong... I will choose to list out all the good things.
1.) We have seen a community of people come together to support a family that we love.
2.) I won my 2nd blog giveaway last week!
3.) Finley got to spend some quality time with her Grump while I was at the hospital with her Gigi.
4.) I got to see and joke around with my sister.
5.) My mom has a new knee which will help her be more mobile.
6.) Finley has had a friend come hang out with us for the last few days. He has helped to keep her busy and entertained so I don't have to.
7.) Finley went to the dentist, and her teeth look great!
8.) I have diet cokes in my fridge.
9.) And coffee in my cup.
10.) We had a wonderful baby shower for a friend and her sweet little girl that they adopted.
11.) Cupcakes.
12.) DVD players in the car.
13.) Our garden is busting at the seems. I can't pick the veggies fast enough.
14.) I have made and canned spaghetti sauce, pickles, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes.
15.) I have been canning! (Which is way easier then I thought it would be!)
16.) We are healthy.
17.) Kylie got to go home late last week.
18.) Finley got to go over and play with her for a little bit this past weekend.
19.) We spent Saturday on the lake with Matthew's family.
20.) I didn't get sunburned.
21.) I went to the gym today.
22.) I have been able to increase my running from a run 3/ walk 1 to a run 5/ walk 1.
23.) I am down to a little over a 11 minute mile. For some this might be slow, but I was almost a 13 minute mile just a few months ago.
24.) We are going to a wedding this Saturday.
25.) After the wedding we are headed to the beach for a week! This cannot come soon enough!
So among all the bad that has been going on, there has been an abundance of good too.
I need to focus on those good things. They will be what helps me get through the next few days until we leave for our vacation!
What a great way to look at it! I will be praying for you and your AMAZING family vacation next week! Love you! The Low's
ReplyDelete